3 Peaks Cyclocross 2012 AKA The Life Aquatic with Ed Zissou

Bloody hell Geoff, that could have been really nasty. Plus prevented Retrobike neatly book ending the field. Again.

Can't have been nice getting wet so early either, I guess it wasn't long till it made no odds! Took me a while to place that bit but when it did it all came back, that seems to be happening with all the pics I see. I'm still off the bike, I thought I only took a slight dunt to my knee but its still tight and bruised, my knee cap doesn't like getting prodded either. Did either of you pick up the Comic? Nice byline' Is this Britains toughest race?' . I know I shouldn't but roll on next year :D (fingers crossed).

Have you saw this?

http://vimeo.com/51028192

Absolutely - i think after another 5 mins or so it made no odds as by then completely wet through. I thought it actually got pretty warm on the way up the lower slopes of PYG although Paul Oldham rode past on his way down and just said "its grim up there"...which turned out to be an understatement.
Eds report brings it all back.
Bad luck on the knee. My shin looked bad but is healing ok - was back on the bike after 3 days off, so to still be hobbling cant be much fun.
Not sure about hardest event. I certainly feel the most battered at the end of it - cuts and bruises - and also happy to have survived the crazy descents. Also i think you have to push quite hard just to keep moving up the climbs. I think probably the kielder 100 was physically the hardest ive done, but i think the key is just to eat and drink and not blow to pieces.

Back