3 new bikes to the garage this week... I've been busy spending money. (Klein, Saracen, Raleigh)

jujupunk

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
It's a been a busy week in my garage. I hadn't looked for a new bike in a long time and had mostly avoided retrobike for the last decade, but I suddenly felt the need to restock the garage with retro nuggets.

I sold a BMW k75 project that had been taking up too much room and it confientenly sold when I noticed a few bikes that struck my fancy. So I accidently purchased 3 bikes this week. I think I got it out of my system and I'm now the happy owner of the following.

Kelin Pulse - I think this is 1998, any help on this? Definitely the Trek years and nothing to special even though it is a Klein. This needs a little work as the anodising on the rear chain stay is starting to fade. The rear bearing is knackered but otherwise mechanically it's good. I'll upgrade the compenents, especially the dia compe brakes as they feel terrible. But the bike rides lovely. Looking forward to thrashing this.

kleinpulse.jpg

Raleigh Moonshine - 1990? Not sure what year this is? Any ideas? I bought this from the same seller as the Klein. So i got a bit of a deal. I got both for a shade over £200. The raleigh is in amazing condition. Aparently has only been riden twice since purchased and then stored in a garage for the rest of it's life. The only marks are storage marks and they are few. They paint work is crisp, no fading. The Deore DX groupset is like new. The only sticker that is flaking is the dealer sticker. It's beuatiful example so I had to have it. For the paint job alone. It's a bit small for me but the wife had a spin and loved it.

raleighmoonshine.jpg

Last but not least...

Saracen Racer Elite - 1992?

This is my favourite of the lot. I have a soft spot for Saracen. I love them, nothing to fancy, just tools that were built to last. I love the simpleness of Saracen bikes and the brand. Although this is not a simple bike at all. The estay frame has always intrigued me and when I saw @PeterPerfect was selling this pristine example I had to make the 3 hour one way trip to pick it up. It looks better in the flesh and is almost in shop-floor condition. I've only had it a for a few hours so haven't had much time with it but very happy. I think my plan is xtr groupset and magura brakes. It's a beauty.

saracenraceelite.jpg

It has been a good week. :cool:

I've not seen a Moonshine in that condition for a very long time. Pat on the back. You had a great week

It was a pleasure meeting jujupunk.

I'm really glad it went to someone with so much enthusiasm that will really appreciate it and more importantly, use it.

That Moonshine is lovely 👌 DX, STI and those pattern brakes which ended in 1990 would suggest 1990.
I was the same, off retrobike for several years, then started again in 2021, now got one '89 and three '90 bikes, frames plus late nineties bikes.....🤦‍♂️ And the ones before that🙄

Love the moonshine, always hankered one in my teenage years, had the thunder road.
I have a 92 Carrera Quattro pro Estay if you fancy a swop for the moonshine

Latest posts

Back