24 SPPED 3.jpg
    307.1 KB · Views: 687
  • 24 SPPED 4.jpg
    24 SPPED 4.jpg
    404.9 KB · Views: 687
  • 24 SPEED 5.jpg
    24 SPEED 5.jpg
    243.4 KB · Views: 687
Zed and Dawes made bikes like this. They were not nice, gaspipe tubing I'm afraid. Note the nasty plate dropouts and lack of slotted cable guides. The sole benefit was the big number when answering the question 'how many gears does it have, mister?'

Yes, quadruple chain-rings were fashionable on cheap bikes when the idea was more gears equals something that looks like a better bike (in the 90s, that is...). The fact that it has 'Shimano' and '24 speed' actually written on the frame also indicates that. I bet those quadruples never shifted well for long...

hamster":1eqjd1cu said:
'how many gears does it have, mister?'

HI, THERE IS A STICKER ON IT "24 SPEED SIS"
HAS 4 SPEED ON THE FRONT SO HAS TO BE 6 ON THE BACK... ;)
I GOT THE FORKS AND HANDLE BAR FOR IT WITH A ONE SWITCHER , WILL UPLOAD PHOTOS TOMORROW
IF THAT HELP WITH ID... IS IT WORTH IT TO FIX OR BIN IT? THANK YOU

Whether it's worth fixing depends what you want to use it for. If it's for just riding around town, maybe - but not if you want to use it as a bike for anything much more than that. It won't be a nice ride, and it will cost only a bit more to get a decent frame as a starting point, if you want to build your own bike up

Plus getting parts to work with those chainrings is probably going to be more trouble that it's worth, so I'd remove that for starters...

Re:

Hey Stork - CAN YOU SWITCH OFF THE CAPS LOCK PLEASE.

As for the bike: unless it’s a labour of love / has sentimental value, or you need a station / pub bike, don’t waste your money on it

Back