2015 Genesis Equilibrium Disc

retroJIM

Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
This forum seems to be a little lacking in posts/build threads so I thought I'd post about a little project I've been thinking about for a while. As I've got older I've found myself wanting to ride more on the road and it occurred to me that maybe I should build a road bike. I wanted something fairly modern, made of steel and with enough tyre clearance for 32c tyres.

Whilst idly browsing eBay earlier in the week I spied a Reynolds 725 Genesis Equilibrium frame that seemed to fit the bill. I made what I thought was a cheeky offer at £50 less than the asking price not really expecting it to be accepted. To my surprise it was and it arrived today. :cool:

The frame is a bit battered with some missing paint and rusty bits but I'm planning re-paint it anyway - I'm not a fan of the colour scheme.

IMG20220624195343.jpg

How much should you trust 2nd hand carbon forks? There was a some flaky paint around the dropouts which I peeled off revealing quite a bit of oxidisation. How much is too much I wonder 🤔

IMG20220624201215.jpg

IMG20220624195441.jpg

IMG20220624201156.jpg

Well that was a nightmare. They look OK from a distance if you squint but I think I've stretched the bottom decal trying to get the bubbles out, it has creases underneath which I can't remove.

I think I'll order another one and try again. 😒

IMG20220730203528.jpg

Back