2000 Porsche S-Bike

I might give this Carboniferous from Crankaliciois a go;
B133C88F-9606-426D-A45E-AC5B632F0B77.jpeg

This paint is a pain in the backside. I have to keep washing my hands every 5 minutes!
791720AF-DAA3-4B77-9177-EBCF85111465.jpeg 51DE246B-F0D7-4FB9-A83D-2CCBD7C982B3.jpeg

Yep!...I don't know whose idea it was to use it on a Mountain Bike...so you going for a clearcoat then?
Nope, just going to keep it clean for its first photo shoot then just use it 😁

After seeing @yakboy actualy ride one I realised this is a proper bike with nearly modern geometry.
It got me thinking that evening and one item that really needed attention is the handlebar. It’s got an anodised aluminium that unfortunately has been damaged (not just superficially) from the bike being sat upside down I think. The problem is these need a 7/8ths or 22.2mm bar at the clamps, like a motorcycle. Yakboy sorted his with a carbon bar with a removable aluminium clamp sleeve, but his is more straight & short (I’m guessing 580/600)
So I thought I might try a Renthal 658 road sports bar. 720 wide with a 60mm back swing, I’m hoping this might make the Porsche more comfortable and give it a more modern feel.
If they work then maybe the Maggies might not even fit (not without re-hosing them) View attachment 572038View attachment 572039
Do some jump bikes not use 22.2mm bars at the clamp, a standard also used in BMX I believe. You might find an appropriate bar from that world?

Do some jump bikes not use 22.2mm bars at the clamp, a standard also used in BMX I believe. You might find an appropriate bar from that world?
Interesting. I’d not thought to look there, I presume the BMX stuff would all have risers rather than flat bars but as for jump bikes I’ve no knowledge.

Back