2000 Porsche S-Bike

After spending a few hours riding behind @yakboy 's Porsche today at Dalby forest, it got me thinking about getting this one trail worthy.
I always planned on losing the LX kit but wasn't sure what to replace it with, Yakboy & @Retro Spud both went down the German group (well at least the non Shimano route) but I'm still in two minds..
Not sure what Spuds weighs in at, but Yaks is sitting around the 11.5kg mark (give or take an SPD) Ours however is a slightly portly 12Kg.
Now if I put on all the XTR from @Our Jimmy 's retired Marin (including swapping out the Magura's) I'd easily shave off 1.5kg = 10.5Kg and with a little more frugality possibly get it down to 10kg (or 22lb in old money)
But I don't know.. the naughty in me is thinking why not go all Campagnolo but keep the Maggies? But would that be just too much Italian flare for such a Teutonic tank? IMG_2828.jpg IMG_2832.jpg IMG_2833.jpg

Last edited:
With your addiction to Claud B’s you know the “road less travelled” has already been re-named Peachy Avenue ….. so what you waiting for break out the Campag and do something different

Dare you to send a picture when it’s done to Steiner Designs

Spud

Lol I have to say Campag Cantilever brake levers are the most abhorrent dogs dinner of a lever of all time

Not those minging levers/shifters?
Lol I have to say Campag Cantilever brake levers are the most abhorrent dogs dinner of a lever of all time
No, I've had a re-think, the Campagnolo is getting sold off.
Definitely using the M950 Crankset, Hollowtech BB, rear mech, front mech, hubs (on Campagnolo rims), 8sp cassette & chain with 8sp Gripshift.
Only decision I need to make is whether to stick with the maguras or switch over to the XTR V-brakes.

Maguras
+ Original to the bike.
- Heavy
- Not double boosted so not working at their optimum and I'd probably only double boost the rear so that the front can still be quick released for transporting. and I need to buy a new set of pads.

XTR
+ Look great and will make "the group" & they work very well with a recently fitted set of new shimano XTR pads.
+ Light
- Worth considerably more than the Maggies so I'm tempted to sell them off....

I think it would be a shame to ditch the Magura's as these were really central part of the Porsche Bike S (Just look at the cable guides). I know we just have boring matt black one's but it gives you some scope for colour change.(I changed mine for white one's)

I think it would be a shame to ditch the Magura's as these were really central part of the Porsche Bike S (Just look at the cable guides). I know we just have boring matt black one's but it gives you some scope for colour change.(I changed mine for white one's)
Now your pressing my “correct button” so maybe I should just clean it all, give it a good service…
But I still want to swap out the damaged bars, the worn Mavic X139 rims (badly set up Maggies) & the saddle, sell all the Campagnolo & XTR and enjoy the cash? 4930E406-CC7B-44F8-8252-65A3A311277E.jpeg

Sounds like a plan.
A boring one 😕

Let’s face it, it’s a Porsche, not a Claud so I’m not gonna lose any sleep veering away from catalogue correct… and anyway they started it

(Switching to LX I mean, not the war)

There is always the cosmetic titification(if that's a word) to consider and that will liven it up:)

Back