1999 Cannondale F700??

lefty.rosenthal

Retro Newbie
I cannot for the life of me find any information about this F700 for sale (in Canada) anywhere. The drivetrain, paint job, decals etc. are similar in spec to a 1999 F700. In the US catalog, the '99 F700 has a traditional single top-tube frame. The '99 KV700 has a similar double top-tube frame displayed below.

Is this a women's frame? The seller is unsure. It is advertised as a 16" frame.
Was this F700 only available in certain markets ie. Canada?

For previous owners of this model or similar, how does this ride??? The cockpit looks cramped even for a 16". I normally ride a 17-18" frame (i am 5'8").

How different will it feel when compared to riding a traditional framed MTB?

I am intrigued about purchasing it for cruising around the neighborhood, though I fathom future servicing of the head shok will be costly. It is listed at ~$110 US, and my impulsivity is peaked due to it's uniqueness.

Any thoughts or further information about this yellow unicorn is greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance!

gnul2U2.jpg

V9zsKdC.jpg

SnjK23J.jpg

yRPIF67.jpg

The x-small frames use to run the KV style back in the day, I was working in a cannondale dealership during this time a we sold a few of these in this size (in the uk).

The price seems good, but I really think it’ll be uncomfortably small for you. I’m 5’9 and back in 99 was racing a medium F3000 which was spot on.

For the price it is a steal (to me at least). Only thing better could've been disc tabs on the forks for the best of both worlds. Kit is decent and could be easily upgraded to XTR, Arch Rival if so wished.

Guess one of these 130-140 mm headshok stems could comfortably accommodate rider's height to a satisfying degree for cruising the neighborhood.
Not to mention present stem given its length is in pretty short supply.

malt":l58gpxkx said:
The x-small frames use to run the KV style back in the day, I was working in a cannondale dealership during this time a we sold a few of these in this size (in the uk).

The price seems good, but I really think it’ll be uncomfortably small for you. I’m 5’9 and back in 99 was racing a medium F3000 which was spot on.

Thank you Malt for your size specific insight. I will hold off the impulse and try to find another suitable frame. F3000 was spot on you say, I'll definitely have to check that model out. Thank you.

Cheers!

Back