1998 Raleigh M-Trax 350

Well, it has been a few weeks since the 350 has had any attention, given how many other bikes have been messed about with.

I started out by giving it a deep clean with my Muc Off stuff, because of how well it worked on my Apex. After that was done and it was toweled down, I gave all the relevant parts a lube up too.

It was left in the nice warm weather to dry properly whilst we had some lunch.

If the weather statyed dry today, I was going to apply the new decals I had obtained via H Lloyd Cycles, as it was looking a bit naked with out them.

I had managed to get some decent measurments via a few people on the Raleigh Off Road Series, Dyna-Tech, M-Trax & RSP Group I run on Facebook for the correct location of the decals, which was a massive help.

I had to add a couple of RetroBike decals too...well, why not!?

Next job, will be to get a touch up stick to match via work, as its had some use over the years before I bought it, and it will just tidy it up further.

I will let the pictures do the talking. A few parts are still needed to get it back to something like catalogue correct, but the main is that it is done and useable at present.

Feedback welcome!

M-Trax 350 Washing.jpg

M-Trax 350 Washed.jpg

M-Trax 350 Side Decals.jpg

M-Trax 350 Side Decals Cabin Front.jpg

Afternoon all.

I managed to source a few more catalogue correct parts for the 1998 Raleigh M-Trax 350 these past few weeks.

I knew the stem I fitted wasn't right, so I have been waiting for the right one to crop up. Low and behold, it was a BIN on eBay and it great condition. A bit odd though how the RSP part of the logo is missing on either side, but it doesn't look as though it was ever printed?!

I also got a set of Shimano M600 LX V-Brakes off eBay too, as the ones fitted were a lot more modern, and again, not catalogue correct.

I spent today cleaning those up before fitting them, and the new stem.

Just a correct front derailleur to source now, here are a few pics in the cold sunshine!

M-Trax 350 Parts.jpg

Latest 1.jpg

Latest 2.jpg

Picture this. Im 16. Oasis is playing on the radio. Its May 1998, next months MBUK has just been released in the paper shop. Im wearing my Animal Series 028 Watch, and my new Airwalks. Im fettling my 1998 Raleigh M-Trax 350, and the sun is shining. Mint.

In reality, its May 2023, and I'm 40. Maybe a midlife crisis ensues!?

Applied a few Jo Burt Mint sauce decals and swapped the stem for something comfier!

1998 sunny afternoon.jpg

M-Trax 350 latest May 23.jpg

Mint this is why.jpg

A couple more today.

Got the Red bottle cage fitted now, so its getting there!

It does ride miles better with a shorter stem than standard.

Had to get a shot with my Animal 023 Series in too.. :)

Raleigh M-Trax 350 Side 2 June 23.jpg

Raleigh M-Trax 350 Side June 23.jpg

Animal 023 Series June 23.jpg

Quick update on the 350.

Got a shorter Syncros Stem and some virtually NOS X-Lite XC Risers. These will end up on the Raleigh RSP550 Ti build eventually, but I thought I would trial them on the 350.

IMG_7395.jpeg

IMG_7466.jpeg

Back