1998 Raleigh M-Trax 350

lincs90smtb

Raleigh Fan
Well, what I expect to be the last bike I buy in 2022, this is this latest purchase.

1998 Raleigh M-Trax 350.

Bought via Facebook Marketplace, it was a steal at £40.

The chap had the bike from new, and had bought it from Rutland Cycles, so it stayed semi-local all its life. It does need a few parts to put it back to standard, but a quick zip about once I got it home, it doesnt want for much.

New tyres and a Charge saddle are already ordered, as well as a standard M-Trax Stem too, which was a nice find this week. Next on the list will be some fresh decals via Gil.

More as and when I get round to sorting things on it, but for now..

Raleigh M-Trax 350 Collection.jpg

Bikes December Latest.jpg

Well, what I expect to be the last bike I buy in 2022, this is this latest purchase.

1998 Raleigh M-Trax 350.

Bought via Facebook Marketplace, it was a steal at £40.

The chap had the bike from new, and had bought it from Rutland Cycles, so it stayed semi-local all its life. It does need a few parts to put it back to standard, but a quick zip about once I got it home, it doesnt want for much.

New tyres and a Charge saddle are already ordered, as well as a standard M-Trax Stem too, which was a nice find this week. Next on the list will be some fresh decals via Gil.

More as and when I get round to sorting things on it, but for now..

View attachment 684687

View attachment 684688
What a bargain!! I’m looking forward to seeing it with decals fitted. A great mix of bikes too 👍

Thanks! Thats the job for this week, get them sorted, and then i can crack on cleaning it up.

This arrived today, so I think it may just get swapped over soon too.

Raleigh M-Trax 350 Stem.jpg

A few i have taken today of the 350. Some non period parts fitted, but no detriment to it.

I need to get some sort of touch up made for it, as there are few chips on it, but then it is 24 years old!
Raleigh M-Trax 350 side.jpg

Raleigh M-Trax 350 Rear.jpg

Raleigh M-Trax 350 Headset.jpg

Merry Christmas all!

Has anyone had any luck of sourcing decals for this range/year of M-Trax?

Tried Gil, but they were the year afters unfortunatly

Evening folk,

Managed to have a few hours in the garage today on the bikes.

The tyres on the 350 were not amazing, so I fancied trying a set of Schwalbe Billy Bonkers on it, as the ones I fitted to my 1998 Kona Hahanna seem to be alright for the trails we have around here.

I also fitted an original M-Trax Performance Stem that I have managed to obtain.

Just a few things left to sort, ready for some use this year.

1998 Raleigh M-Trax 350 side Jan 2023.jpg

1998 Raleigh M-Trax 350 Jan 2023.jpg

I have been working a bit with H Lloyd on getting a set of decals sorted for the 350, and they have come up with the goods!

350 decals.jpg

That's going to look awesome!

What do you mean by working with H Lloyd? I'm interested as I also have a couple of (97) M-TRAX 350's requiring replacement decals.

Back