For Sale Raleigh M Trax / Dynatech STX titanium 19.25" (reduced and now posting in UK)

ultrazenith

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Splitting my Raleigh M Trax / Dynatech "Diablo STX"

Asking price: £65 collected (Plymouth) or £75 posted UK. Open to offers on price and splitting.
Paypal gift, or buyer pays the fees.

Size: 19.25"
Frame: M Trax Duo Tech with Ti top and down tubes, alu alloy head tube, cro-mo rear triangle.
Groupset: Shimano STX (1994 I believe).
Stem: Raleigh Cro-mo ahead.
Bar: Flat bar, alloy or Ti (not sure: factory spec was shimmed Ti, but this one isn't shimmed, and it's definitely not steel)
Grips: Vans
Seat post: 27.0 Kalloy-made cromo seat post (silver, different to the one pictured)
Wheels: STX hubs, stainless spokes, Bontrager BCX rims.

Not included: fork, pedals, saddle, bottle cage.
Can include: OEM seat post (steel, silver)

Other details:
I bought this fine specimen from another retrobiker quite a few years ago. The backstory is that he took a 1994 Diablo STX as a donor, and put almost all the parts on a 1994 or 1995 M Trax Titanium Duo Tech Team Edition frame, which he'd had powder coated white. I live abroad so I kept this bike at my Mum's place and rode it a few times a year during visits. Now that my Mum's downsizing to a flat, I need to aggressively thin the herd, and this one has been selected to be sold.

Everything works fine except for the left hand STI shifter, which won't shift into the top ring. The wheels are fairly true, the tyres have loads of life left.

The rear dropouts are meant to be spaced at 135 mm, but when the frame came into my possession, the spacing was something like 132 mm. You have to pull them apart slightly when fitting a rear wheel, but despite this everything looks aligned properly.

Photos below. Unfortunately, I didn't know I would soon need to sell last time I was home to visit, so I don't have close up pics of the all important teeth on the cassette or chainrings. If there's any interest, I can get someone to go into the garage and get some close-up photos of these parts and anything else.

20140813_090510-1024x768.jpg 20150723_090815-1024x768.jpg 20170102_103448.jpg

Last edited:
Back