1998 Kona Ku - Pipmeister

Quick question for all of you Kona Ku Bike aficionados. I have a Kona Ku Man Bike that I acquired from a friend, and I'm trying to find out if its worth anything more than giving it as a donation to a Goodwill store. The groupo is Shimano Deore LX and the frame is Easton Elite 7005 with a Rock Shock fork for the front suspension. Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated.

Attachments

• tempImagePkQlc6.png
    tempImagePkQlc6.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 35
Quick question for all of you Kona Ku Bike aficionados. I have a Kona Ku Man Bike that I acquired from a friend, and I'm trying to find out if its worth anything more than giving it as a donation to a Goodwill store. The groupo is Shimano Deore LX and the frame is Easton Elite 7005 with a Rock Shock fork for the front suspension. Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated.
Hi, and welcome.

if it is a Kona Ku, it’s definitely worth more than a donation to goodwill. Loads of info in this thread here: https://www.retrobike.co.uk/threads/1998-kona-ku-serial-number-list-95-98-page-7.336784/

If you can post in there, especially photo of the frame number that will enable people to see where it fits into the Kona Ku timeline. Looking at the photo, it looks to be an earlier one (Control Centre headset).

That's a quality build on an incredible frame. How does she ride? It should absorb just about anything.
Due to dodgy shoulder (which is getting there slowly), it was just the smooth stuff at Cannock, and due to Covid and the shoulder not really ridden off road for, ahem, a while.

But, it road really well, and only a full water bottle heavier than my fully rigid Bizango. Next time, will see if I can get my Kilauea with me as well to “compare and contrast” and a bit more “off road”. 😁

Last edited:
Back