1998 Kona Hei Hei - stickered as - king kahuna (19" Frame).

jardine

Retro Newbie
19 inch frame
Polished race face 0687 175mm crank
race face ti BB
TA specialties rings 44t & 38t
M952 rr mech
M950 front mech
M952 Front shifter
M952 Rear shifter
Chris king hubs
Chris king ti headset
M985 XTR bake calliper
M988 XTR brake levers
Flite titanium saddle
Front fork Magura MD80SL

"a 98 King Kahuna. It's sporting King Kahuna decals, has a disc tab and is the highest production number, and as of now, the last known produced ti Hei Hei at #147."

currently on ebay: 334807438845

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    398.7 KB · Views: 71
The Ti Chris King aheadset is discontinued or a limited number built annually and cost £250 back in 2006 so must be worth double that now, the wheels are worth £400 so anything around the £1800 mark is good🍿🍿🍿

The Ti Chris King aheadset is discontinued or a limited number built annually and cost £250 back in 2006 so must be worth double that now, the wheels are worth £400 so anything around the £1800 mark is good🍿🍿🍿
You think a Ti king headset is worth £500 😂

I don’t think I’m too far off, after a little bit of digging various forums from 2021 report that CK has been quoted saying they’re no longer making them and eBay prices are between $500-$750.😳

What is maybe interesting to some of you too is that the difference in weight between a Ti and Al No-Threads 1-1/8" is only about 18 to 20 grams. Either way, $500 - $750 is too steep for me to save 20 grams. Most of the magic lies in the bearings and polished races anyhow, which are found on all of their headsets.

Yeah - there’s no advantage to a King Ti headset over an aluminium one - apart from bling appeal really. An NOS example with titanium base plate and titanium top cap might just fetch £500 I guess - but not a used example

Chris King Ti aheadset

Just came up on my eBay Chris King watchlist, now to see if it sells at that price😳

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Latest posts

Back