1998 GT Backwoods frame confusion

Hezza

Devout Dirtbag
I hope someone can shed some light on a confusing decal on what I think is a 1998 GT Backwoods. I was looking at the catalogue spec and it clearly states 7005 frame, the decal on the bike states 6061.

anybody with any idea what has happened?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    406.3 KB · Views: 39
Someone stuck a 6061 decal on it? And did it wonky too

what’s the frame stamped? As they did do a few models which should be 7005 in 6061.

Probably, the decals are correct for a 98 Backwoods. As pointed out by d8mok the 6061 sticker is a bit wonky and I would not expect it to leave the factory like that. Plus the small lug on the back behind the seat post is missing.

Also all the gear and drivetrain components match the 98 Backwoods spec from the catalogue.

As it was given to me to mess about with I am not going to complain!

im gonna throw so doubt into the mix here,picked up a backwoods yesterday which is looks to be the same as youes,raw frame exactly the same graphics with 6061 sticker on it in exactly the same place,and ive been wondering the same thing as you

im gonna throw so doubt into the mix here,picked up a backwoods yesterday which is looks to be the same as youes,raw frame exactly the same graphics with 6061 sticker on it in exactly the same place,and ive been wondering the same thing as you
Interesting, what is your frame number?

Back