1997 Kona King Kahuna Hei Hei

Decals. Chain. Seatpost clamp to go.

Bike scheduled to be in the shop Friday for build.

Decals are the main concern as I sourced some originals and have sent them to Gil to update his master template so everyone can benefit that wants to.

Nice i always used to use the Wellgo Magnesium`s that come in XTR grey colour, you must be close to put this bike together now!

Yeah. They are nice those Wellgos. I liked the gold on these DMRs that will pick up the colours of the forks and decals and add a touch. The black will also match Seatpost and headset.

I came really close to the Kona Wah Wah too as they are fab pedals also but these DMRs add a touch of luxury.

Ah good work about the decals not the Ā£150 set from eBay? If yes then fair play and very helpful to alot of people if you have forwarded them on to Gil.

You get a local shop to put the bike together for you?

I didnā€™t pay Ā£150, but yes the one and the same. The rear triangle isnā€™t the right colour nor the headset logos as they are 98 and itā€™s also missing the thumbs up Seatpost tube logo - but I have that one on already as an original.

But yeah, I figured that I would be incredibly unlikely to find another set and wanted to give something back to this wonderful community.

The main downtube logo will have the correct size and border now and the top horizontal bar logos are now correct and colour matched. Heā€™s redrawn his whole set on the back of it.

Plus if they donā€™t go on because of age or my incompetence then I have spares.

Iā€™m not particularly or very technically minded and figured I would let someone who has experience and knows what they are doing to put the bike together properly.

There is a Trek shop in Bath near me that has some fab mechanics in at very reasonable rates.

Back