1997 kona kilauea

Mod-Master

Cannondale Fan
Feedback
View
Just got something in the post lovingly karma’d by @albash82 .

However it is cracked so I’ll be taking it up to the welders to see wether they can fix it and wether it’ll be rideable after fixing.

Anyway, we must go on. My plan for it is to do a non shimano build. I was thinking using the DI.R.T mechs that sachs made. It make sense as I already have some sachs centera hubs on mavic 221. Then I was going to go down the road of either ahead p2’s or red/white manitou forks. Use post and flite ti saddle with perhaps a salsa seat lamp.

I also have some sachs wavey to match.

Finish off with some nice clipless pedals. Cranks I’m not really sure of really, I’m happy to listen to suggestions

Hoping to give this beauty a new lease of life, cheers for reading.
IMG_4976.jpeg
IMG_1681.jpeg

Just got something in the post lovingly karma’d by @albash82 .

However it is cracked so I’ll be taking it up to the welders to see wether they can fix it and wether it’ll be rideable after fixing.

Anyway, we must go on. My plan for it is to do a non shimano build. I was thinking using the DI.R.T mechs that sachs made. It make sense as I already have some sachs centera hubs on mavic 221. Then I was going to go down the road of either ahead p2’s or red/white manitou forks. Use post and flite ti saddle with perhaps a salsa seat lamp.

I also have some sachs wavey to match.

Finish off with some nice clipless pedals. Cranks I’m not really sure of really, I’m happy to listen to suggestions

Hoping to give this beauty a new lease of life, cheers for reading.
View attachment 768332
View attachment 768333
Even got some mint sauce stickers😎

I always liked the '97 range. where is it cracked?
Looks like a great project, will you be painting and new decals?

It’s cracked at the top joins at the seatstay, at the chainstay bridge and at the drive side chainstay join to the bb but that’s been very badly welded. Perhaps if I file that down it’ll be alright

It’s cracked at the top joins at the seatstay, at the chainstay bridge and at the drive side chainstay join to the bb but that’s been very badly welded. Perhaps if I file that down it’ll be alright
Probably easier just to say, the rear triangle is detached from the main triangle.

You can of course make some art out of it if all else fails.
:)

Back