1997 Kona Hahanna

Lenoir

Dirt Disciple
Hi Folks - just picked up a 1997 Hahanna in time-warp condition. It is virtually untouched and unmolested, but has a few non-stock parts.

The obvious non-stock parts at the moment are the seatpost, saddle, handlebars, fork and shifters, BUT I have the original Gripshift shifters and the P2 forks.

I've had a look at the respective catalogs on here and can't find all the details I need, so was hoping someone here could help.

It currently has an UNO shock post - which is marked up at 27mm. From what I can see for sale elsewhere, it seems that the stock seat post would have been 27.2mm - is that correct?

It also has some Rockshox forks fitted (as I said I've got the original P2 ones, and will re-fit them) but the Rockshox forks are a bit of a mystery. They appear to be Quadra (Quadra 5 maybe?) but they are black, and I only ever remember them being a grey colour back in the mid-90s.

Any help much appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_6745-2.JPG
    IMG_6745-2.JPG
    92.4 KB · Views: 311
Re:

Konas of that period tended to be 27mm rather than 27.2, can't think this would be any different. If the current post is a good fit and not super loose, I would assume it's right.

If you get stuck and want to replace the shock post, I've a Titec black one you can have karma, it's got the slightest of bends in it I've decided, but it wouldn't matter if you have it up fairly high and not mostly in the seat tube.... ;)

Nice bike, by the way.

Re:

Cheers for that - very kind of you to offer the post, but as it's a 19" Frame and I'm 5' 8" I can't have the post too high, so probably not the best solution.

Should've said that I'm also thinking the fork is perhaps an Indy C (which I think were first released in 1997) and on closer inspection the dia tech headset seems to have been switched for a Cane Creek. Not too fussed about replacing the headset to stock. The lower race (presumably from the original headset) is still fitted to the P2 fork.

Re:

The seatpost will defo be 27.0mm

I admire the quest to go catalogue spec. All I'll say is, as the bottom of the range bike, the kit was built to last, not necessarily to enjoy. It'd benefit from some very simple upgrades, which for all intents and purposes, was what this bike was made for.

Re:

I am a bit of a purist with this kind of stuff (and a lot of other things). I’m keen to avoid it being ‘Trigger’s Broom’ if you know what I mean! ;)

Back