1997 Kona Explosif Frame Gold - Lost in post with My Hermes.

I just received a message from the seller, he has confirmed that he and his colleagues purchase pallet loads of 'Lost Items' from couriers and that my frame was in one of the pallets. He has removed the frame from Ebay and has agreed to give me the frame back for free. I'm going to pick it up today from Nottingham.

As I suspected he is a totally innocent party in this, the guilty party is My Hermes who flogged off my frame and pallets of other lost items within a few weeks of them receiving the items.

Learn your lesson here my friends, do not use My Hermes.

I'll be contacting the original buyer to see if he still wants the frame, if not it will be going up for sale again. Or maybe I'll put it back in my loft for another ten years, where it's safe.

Trebz":2scpzxyn said:
I just received a message from the seller, he has confirmed that he and his colleagues purchase pallet loads of 'Lost Items' from couriers and that my frame was in one of the pallets. He has removed the frame from Ebay and has agreed to give me the frame back for free. I'm going to pick it up today from Nottingham.

As I suspected he is a totally innocent party in this, the guilty party is My Hermes who flogged off my frame and pallets of other lost items within a few weeks of them receiving the items.

I'll be contacting the original buyer to see if he still wants the frame, if not it will be going up for sale again. Or maybe I'll put it back in my loft for another ten years, where it's safe.

Send the lot to the press, whomever it was that was running the story that was posted.

Trebz":3oefrxg0 said:

Great news and good result.

If it was me I’d take him a few beers for being decent with you.

Re:

Shite that you had to go through the prolonged stress of this but great resolution in the end. I’m shocked at the short timeframe this got through the system and Appeared as an eBay listing perceived “lost” by Hermes.

Re: Re:

enc":38miugpq said:
Shite that you had to go through the prolonged stress of this but great resolution in the end. I’m shocked at the short timeframe this got through the system and Appeared as an eBay listing perceived “lost” by Hermes.

Thats what pisses me off the most, Hermes just throw money at the customer or hide behind tick boxes and then punt everything off to auction houses

Its great that the frame is going to be returned but there has got to be a governing body to report this lot to.

Re:

I'm more cynical, if he bought from my hermes in good faith then he's out of pocket ? anyway great its being returned.

Interesting legal question about ownership and title passing when have right to sell. So potentially My Hermes sold items that they didn't own and could not pass title and did they make appropriate effort to find owner etc etc. I wonder if they issued a receipt for the crate, exact dates etc, and whether further action is possible against My Hermes.

Re:

Did you accept the £20 compensation from Hermes?

That’s the key. If you accepted it , the item is no longer yours as you’ve been paid the level of insurance you choose. Same if a car is stolen recovered and you got less than you thought it was worth. You can’t go to the person who buys it off copart and ask for it back.

I personally think the guy is being decent and probably doesn’t want any hassle.

Latest posts

Back