1997-ish Brigg built Claud Butler 853 59cm *SOLD*

Re: 1997-ish Brigg built Claud Butler 853 59cm Spearpoint lugs

Sorry guys, its now sold, thank you all for your interest.

Despite a promising start, I'm not feeling the love for it at the moment and would like to fund something else.

file.php

Uncle Cheesy, can I ask, what was the problem? the 853 tubing? or just something didn't feel right?

Dunno

Maybe it was just a bit too battered, the previous one I had was new old stock and even though it was smaller, it was a rocket!

more-hot-cb-action-jpg.342659

claud-butler-1-jpg.52381

Maybe the smaller frame was stiffer?

I was thinking of looking out for one as the boy isn't enjoying his Columbus tubed Colnago Master Piu, which despite being 12 years younger and 1" shorter at the seat tube is heavier than my 531c tubed '81 Colstar.

PS wasn't the older (blue) one 653 and the later (yellow) 853? maybe that was the difference?

What year is your catalogue image from?

it was Aluminium in 1994 (God knows why) 653 in 95 and at least the first part of 96. and advertised in the 98 as 853

Are you telling me you've been holding out on a 1997 catalogue scan?

CB 95 P25.jpg
508C3117-1A6E-446C-8E32-0F2DFD8BCBA0.jpeg 853 Professional.jpg

Last edited:
C
Maybe the smaller frame was stiffer?

I was thinking of looking out for one as the boy isn't enjoying his Columbus tubed Colnago Master Piu, which despite being 12 years younger and 1" shorter at the seat tube is heavier than my 531c tubed '81 Colstar.

PS wasn't the older (blue) one 653 and the later (yellow) 853? maybe that was the difference?
Colnagos were never light bikes. All that chrome and nickel under the paint. They were really about style and name. The Raleigh 531 luxe I got as a second bike to "save" my colnago was so much lighter and became my race bike and the Nag was sold on

Back