Gold Trader
rBoTM Triple Crown
rBotM Winner
98+ BoTM Winner
Claud Butler Fan
VCC Claud Butler ME
Feedback
View
Just finished a weird Hybrid/RetroMod/Gravel/Cruiser for the missus out of a 16" 1997 Cape Wrath viewtopic.php?f=6&t=419741

And it got me thinking.... I've got a proper my size frame up in the loft, something that made its way to me on the back of a relay from Brighton back in early 2019, via jaypee - Tim75 - Retro Spud - some bloke called Tony then Graham_hkr...& I think The History Man may have rubbed up against it as well somewhere along the line... :roll:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=395407&hilit=+brighton
E20AEE59-92A7-4020-AECA-33840B1D4E7B.jpeg
126EA6C4-45A3-44A2-A723-944FFEA7662B.jpeg
D5ECBD63-52F5-4AFE-9716-CA0514415784.jpeg

Anyway, seeing as my last 4 builds (3 MTB 1 Road) have all been non-catalogue specials, this one is going to be the full monty, Peachyfication that you have either come to love or hate...
As accurate as possible, 20+ pages full of useful and not so useful comments, some entertaining anecdotes and some downright rude... ;)

This is what she should look like when finished..... '97 Cape Wrath offer (1).jpg

Last edited:
Re:

The 16 inch frame you got off me looked like this when I got it

Think it was standard

Only bits I’ve got left is saddle, bars , stem , pedals and bottle cage. Let me know if you need any bits

Re: 1997 Claud Butler Cape Wrath.. (a proper one this time)

THM did indeed rub shoulders with this

Before defecting up North he rode the Ridgeway in Swindon along with myself and Tim plus a few others - it was THM who took the pic of me and Tim

And Tony the mystery guy is one of Graham’s customers or suppliers in Walsall who took it for the night and caught up with G when he came a calling the next day

Re: Re:

d8mok":3mrz71ox said:
The 16 inch frame you got off me looked like this when I got it

Think it was standard

Only bits I’ve got left is saddle, bars , stem , pedals and bottle cage. Let me know if you need any bits

Do me a favour Dom..... if you got that original minter for next to nothing I don't want to know..... :facepalm:

As for parts, I'm pretty much sorted now I have your seat post and head set... although come to think of it, I could probably do with the following if they are original;
The grips
The bottle cage
The pedals especially if they have the clips & straps still...

Can you PM me me some close-ups please?

Retro Spud":35eouff3 said:
THM did indeed rub shoulders with this

Before defecting up North he rode the Ridgeway in Swindon along with myself and Tim plus a few others - it was THM who took the pic of me and Tim

And Tony the mystery guy is one of Graham’s customers or suppliers in Walsall who took it for the night and caught up with G when he came a calling the next day

Cheers RS....

Oh...bye the way.... I've got a little treat in store for you... I think this build might just suit my set of Magics! :LOL:

Peachy!":e2g7t1s5 said:
Oh...bye the way.... I've got a little treat in store for you... I think this build might just suit my set of Magics! :LOL:

Does anything suit Magics :shock: ..... not even THM has dared to venture into this territory

Retro Spud":1yo1z4ql said:
Peachy!":1yo1z4ql said:

Does anything suit Magics :shock: ..... not even THM has dared to venture into this territory

Well if Dom hadn’t shifted those Edge & TT’s so quickly I wouldn’t have bothered.... but the Magics will do for now... I’ve got a feeling they might actually work..

Quick dig through the junk & spares boxes and I think I have everything, coupled with a few bits and bats from Dom that are in slightly better condition.. might get some new stickers made up by Gil as I’ve already got the artwork....

I’m thinking that other than replaced consumables everything else will just have to be cleaned up as best I can, as it wasn’t actually made in Brigg, just bolted together.
So, it’s more of a full stop to the collection and not really worth spending money on, saying that it may as well be clean. :roll: 205DD44F-09C2-4819-87D1-72C88467AE0B.jpeg

Last edited:

All the rusty bits that need it are having a long bath in good old Evaporust... ;)

Not sure if the LX that I have is past saving, I might donate some bits from this slightly older XT that has already given up a few vitals... 0B29A012-7F7F-42D2-BD00-ACB7DF7F8409.jpeg 0D989A65-87DD-4A52-B6AE-48986ACE3C27.jpeg

Last edited:

I don’t rub, I caress.

Back