For Sale 1996 Saracen Tufftrax SOLD

prezza

BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
What is the build weight and Min/Max gear ratios?

Potentially interested but I can't message direct as I've only created this account having stumbled across this ad from other googling and need 30+ posts before PMing is enabled.
No probs mate... I’m working till late so will get back to you in the morning.... as a rough estimate it’s about 10kg minus the pedals I think ... message u back in the morning 👍

Dave_Mars

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
This is the exact bike that got me into MTB. Scout trip to Grizedale in 1996 - They had a fleet of these as hire bikes... plus (randomly) one nice GT which my mate bagged before I saw it

prezza

BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
As it stands in the pics inc pedals it weights 10.9kg

So could easily be lightened further with a few trick parts like upgraded pedals but my aim was as close to catalogue spec as possible.

As for gear ratios.... it’s 12-32t rear cassette and 22,32,42T front chainset.

Hope this helps.

PeakPat

Retro Newbie
As it stands in the pics inc pedals it weights 10.9kg

So could easily be lightened further with a few trick parts like upgraded pedals but my aim was as close to catalogue spec as possible.

As for gear ratios.... it’s 12-32t rear cassette and 22,32,42T front chainset.

Hope this helps.
Thanks Prezza, definitely interested. Any idea how we take the conversation off a forum given I can't seem to send or receive direct messages?

prezza

BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
You can’t send pm but can receive them I believe. I’ve sent u pm with my email for Comms check so drop me an email if received. 👍