1996 GT Pantera.

Lee_Lancs

Retro Newbie
Hi guy's.
I have been given a 96 Pantera, its a real timewarp ride, complete with full STX, ClubRoost saddle, Zokes etc.

Does anyone know, were the "polished ally" GT frames of the 90's lacquered to protect them, or were they as the name states, simply a polished frame, without lacquer??
I have taken some Brasso to a small section of the frame, and it has come up a treat, but there are some tiny patches where the ally seems reluctant to shine, so I'm thinking that may be residual lacquer.. What do you think folks ??

The Pantera hasnt seen the light of day for decades, having been lost and forgotten, in the back of a mate's garage.

I am going to restore this ride back to its original condition, while trying to retain as many of it's Gucci upgrades as possible..

Thanks in advance guy's.

Hi Trailstar and thanks for your thoughts 👍.
Looking at the frame, i can't tell if it was a high polish, or BB finish when new, due to neglect, the ally has turned "cloudy" and dull, leaving me guessing how it left the factory..
I would however like to bring it up to a mirror polish, then add a full set of new decals.
Thanks again buddy.

Your welcome, it’s always good to see another GT make it’s way back from neglect haha

there’s an excellent thread on here about polishing and tons of recommendations on product. Post up a few pics in the readers bikes forum and I’m sure resident gt fanboys will be able to provide some more useful info ;-)

Back