1995 Marin Team Titanium XTR

fguki":33csxzxd said:
Whats a Marin "Ultimate"? :-D

Hey Falko. The ultimate was basically a factory tricked out team titanium. Top of the range everything and titanium bolts/axles/spindles everywhere.

Think they only did them in 1994 or 1995.

fguki":3el5sae1 said:
Whats a Marin "Ultimate"? :-D

Hey Falko. The ultimate was basically a factory tricked out team titanium. Top of the range everything and titanium bolts/axles/spindles everywhere.

Think they only did them in 1994 or 1995.

Re:

A bit like mine really, although I don’t have the word “ultimate” on the frame and I’m missing the titanium bolts in the stem and the cranks

Yes to a certain extent. They had titanium flite saddles. Spd with titanium spindles. White industries hubs and cranks. And as far as I can remember the cranks were milled out even more than the standard. Pribably onza ti bar ends too.

Ultimate was the build level. Frames are the same. I've only ever seen one outside the marim cycling team

Re:

Were white industries any good ? I’ve always been under the impression they were a bit average and the Shimano M900 were far superior.

I didn’t think that they were much better than XT, but I’m here to be educated. I’ve not seen them on other bikes than Marins as standard ?

I didn’t even know there was an Ultimate until this thread

Re:

They weren't too bad at all. But Marin had a tie in with them so sponsorship $$$ talked. As I said the ones on the ultimate were milled and machined to make them lighter.

I'm sure I've got some pics somewhere.

Re:

Would love to see a picture of one. They aren’t in the 1993 1994 or 1995 catalogues so I wonder how anyone ever knew that they were available

Thinking I made the right decision on XTR hubs then over white. Accept it’s not strictly original for the purists out there.

Back