1995 Kona Explosif

Someone will correct me but I'm pretty sure none of these later models are TB. If you decide to go down this route, you need a pair with a similar axle to crown measurement. The ones on the left are too long and put the geometry out of kilter (I had a pair for a brief period).

al-onestare":10iuzzsi said:
Someone will correct me but I'm pretty sure none of these later models are TB. If you decide to go down this route, you need a pair with a similar axle to crown measurement. The ones on the left are too long and put the geometry out of kilter (I had a pair for a brief period).

Yeah that is what I thought, I was looking at the one on the right (the left for 29ers I think).

I do want the triple butted if I decide to go rigid for sure

Re:

Quite a few changes for the bike.

I was able to track down a 1996 P2 triple butted fork in BC that had just been painted. I ordered from decals from gil at reteodecals and it turned out amazing. It's a silver colour which is different from the bronze of 1995 but no issue.

I got an impact headset and two steps from the same guy. Unfortunately the silver one that would march the fork better is missing the top cap and the wedge so the bronze one is on currently.

I figured I saved somewhere around 2.5+ lbs removing the Z2. Quite a bit.

I removed the Thomson Elite seatpost for now as the black looks a bit weird without any other to match.

I will have to track down a new step or hardware but ready to ride in the mean time.

20200827-083035.jpg

20200827-083044.jpg

20200827-083051.jpg

20200827-083100.jpg

Mikey08":15jhb722 said:
Much better! :)

Right ?

My local loop out of my door is 22km and a mix of gravel, single track and some tarmac. This morning was my fastest time this summer and about 90 seconds faster than my average the last few weeks.

Back