1995 Cannondale M2000

These old 'Dales were lovely looking bikes - yours is stunning.
I'm just off to go tweak a '93 M2000 :)

I had one of these from new until it was stolen two years later. The Coda cranks looked amazing but creaked at any opportunity. I never had to buy retirement rings, thank God.

But.. The paint!! OMG, it has to be the most beautiful paint job I've ever seen. I could just stare at it and marvel how it changed as my perspective moved and how it really came alive in the sun. For me, it's the ultimate Cannondale paint. After that, they went to single colours and even though my F2000 was a better bike in for having suspension I would have swapped back in a heartbeat for the beauty.

I just looked up the paint in the catalogue:

Diamond black metallic with indigo hyper highlight and violet vertical hyper highlight.

These are good photos, but no photo can capture the effect.

I had one of these from new until it was stolen two years later. The Coda cranks looked amazing but creaked at any opportunity. I never had to buy retirement rings, thank God.

But.. The paint!! OMG, it has to be the most beautiful paint job I've ever seen. I could just stare at it and marvel how it changed as my perspective moved and how it really came alive in the sun. For me, it's the ultimate Cannondale paint. After that, they went to single colours and even though my F2000 was a better bike in for having suspension I would have swapped back in a heartbeat for the beauty.
Yes, 1994-1995 was the pinnacle of Cannondale paintjobs, lots of beautiful stuff there. Then they went saving money with plain paintworks, there are some quite nice color combos, but overall quite boring.

Fully agreed! Well said!

I have two of these M2000s, each one with a slightly different variation of this paint job. The best I could do to capture its magic:

1686902886108.png

1686902912877.png

1686902966111.png

1686902988175.png

Back