1994 Muddy Fox Rock 'n' Roll CR-MO

I’ve got an unridden shop soiled Rock N Roll sat in my office at work which I haven’t taken out of the box since receiving it in January!

Any update on this?
A few bits and pieces - shifters, pedals and bar ends have been added now. Front mech purchased (500LX), XT rear mech and brakes are awaiting fitting. Grips to fit once cockpit sorted and I find some brake levers.
Brand new chain somewhere in a box, selection of cassettes to try,

Haven't seen a catalogue, but I'm assuming 1994 based on the '94 Alivio components.
For now we haven't found a 94 catalog. 92-93 and 95 from me are both in the archive and have also same model, but not exact variant.

Be interested to hear if anyone can confirm the year
Yes, i have a listing in a buyers guide from 1994 showing this bike with Alivio.
1000024735.jpg

Maybe also interesting to know, both, the Aluminum and CroMo variants, have been produced by Pacific Cycles Ind. in Taiwan, the information below is from the IFMA bike trade show End of 1992
Pacific Competition Fully Vorstellung IFMA aus Bike 11-12 1992.jpg
Same model was also sold as Pacific but also from other brands like Crestone, Head and Performance (in the US)
Performance M203 1993 wie Pacific Muddy Fox.jpg

It seems also that Peter Denk, later founding Hot Chili Bikes, and after that in key positions at Scott, Cannondale and now Specialized, was doing while his engineering studies back in time an intership at PCI
Hot Chili Peter denk 2.jpg
(pic form his earlier webpage showing him at PCI beginning of the 90ties)
and was already involved in the design of this bike.

We have in the German forum an interesting thread about his early years (hopefully the link using Google Translater works)

The later MF Rock'n'roll Team seem to be also identical design than the first version of the Hot Chili X-Rage
Muddy Fox Rock n roll team 1995.jpeg Hot Chili X-Rage Bike 1995.jpg

Last edited:
For now we haven't found a 94 catalog. 92-93 and 95 from me are both in the archive and have also same model, but not exact variant.

Yes, i have a listing in a buyers guide from 1994 showing this bike with Alivio.
View attachment 810736

Maybe an interesting to know, both, the Aluminum and CroMo variants, have been produced by Pacific Cycles Ind. in Taiwan, the information below is from the IFMA bike trade show End of 1992
View attachment 810734
Same model was also sold as Pacific but also from other brands like Crestone, Head and Performance (in the US)
View attachment 810737

It seems also that Peter Denk, later founding Hot Chili Bikes, and after that in key positions at Scott, Cannondale and now Specialized, was doing while his engineering studies back in time an intership at PCI
View attachment 810735
(pic form his earlier webpage showing him at PCI beginning of the 90ties)
and was already involved in the design of this bike.

We have in the German forum an interesting thread about his early years (hopefully the link using Google Translater works)

The later MF Rock'n'roll Team seem to be also identical design than the first version of the Hot Chili X-Rage
View attachment 810738 View attachment 810739
I've never seen this pink one that I have in any catalogues before so not sure what year it is? It has the Altus A20 groupset.
1705071317427.png

The one I had in the 90's was the black frame with green decals. There was also a local kid who had one with a red frame.

I also remember seeing one in a bike shop in Southport (NW England) that was selling a yellow one. Again, this was in the 90's.

I've never seen this pink one that I have in any catalogues before so not sure what year it is? It has the Altus A20 groupset.
View attachment 810815

The one I had in the 90's was the black frame with green decals. There was also a local kid who had one with a red frame.

I also remember seeing one in a bike shop in Southport (NW England) that was selling a yellow one. Again, this was in the 90's.
the pink one from the picture is in the 92-93 catalog, also here in the Archive
Muddy Fox 1992-1993 07.jpg

Back