1994 Kona Kilauea Frameset and parts

MiniNinjaRob

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I’ve owned this from new. Crikey that’s 27 years! You can see the thread about it in my signature unfortunately all the pics have gone. People who have seen it (including a lot of regulars in the forum) have been very impressed at how nice it is and how good the new paint is.

Pics here:

https://imgur.com/gallery/qK1PvZ8

I have a few pics of it built up I’ll try and share ASAP.

1994 Kona Kilauea Frameset and parts
18” frame size
Includes:
Frame - Tange Prestige Concept tubing
Forks - original triple butted Project 2
Original impact headset
Original Velocity stem
Newer shorter Velocity stem
“Dog collar” - newer version to original and can be used with V brakes if needed.
Seat post (not an O beam but looks very similar, 400mm)

Was restored and refinished including top notch metallic silver as LSN to replicate the original finish. NOS Tange Prestige decal applied (was expensive!) and decals from Gil.
I’ve ridden it a few times so the decals have some wear (see pictures) but they are easily replaced if you want them to as they are on top of the paint.
No damage apart from a very slight indentation to the chain stay - see pics. No top tube dent!
Both Impact stems were painted at the same time as the frame so match nicely but I don’t have the rubber top cap for the longer version.
All threads were tapped and I’ll put a new set of stainless bolts in before it goes.

Sad to see it go but I’ll never ride it again and I don’t like wall hangers! Was hanging on to it for a while but I really can’t ride it nowadays so time to go to someone who will.

It’s on eBay but would prefer it to go to a member on here really. If it goes to someone on here I’ll include loads of other retro bits I have spare in case you can use them on your bike or sell them.

£250

Re:

Open to offers - probably way out on price as I’ve not sold anything for a while - and will post by negotiation.

Back