1994 Fat Chance titanium

xxnick1975":3ql8zz7u said:
Breathtaking bike and build. Must be good to ride?

Thank you. I’ve not ridden it yet, desperate to get out on it but I haven’t had a chance. Fingers crossed this weekend.

Tomianson":du8vga9m said:
Final parts sorted. Just waiting for a few to arrive then I’ll post pictures but it looks like the final build will be:
Campagnolo record or full groupset with the exception of a pair of Euclid pedals (I wanted a silver cage on the pedals, not black on the record), Chris king grip it headset, ibis titanium stem with cable noodle (so so rare), syncros titanium bars, Ritchey Zmax megabite tan wall tyres, flite titanium saddle.
This is going to be lovely.
Pictures soon

Thank you for building this. One of my favourite builds ever. Congrats.

Very nice. Xtra points for the Ibis stem w/ noodle: those stems can make you build a whole bike just for them. Ibis ti stem AND fat chance titanium make for the nec plus ultra of 90s mtb. Don´t even need to mention the BOI fork excellence. On top of all this you build it w/ campagnolo. Ooof.
Ih i have to nitpick it would be the 2.1 tires; after all the Yo Eddy came out to fit the specialized 2.5 tires when the wicked could not do it. A pair of meaty tires would unleash radical trail manners.

Prodigal Son":1j6dwfn4 said:
Very nice. Xtra points for the Ibis stem w/ noodle: those stems can make you build a whole bike just for them. Ibis ti stem AND fat chance titanium make for the nec plus ultra of 90s mtb. Don´t even need to mention the BOI fork excellence. On top of all this you build it w/ campagnolo. Ooof.
Ih i have to nitpick it would be the 2.1 tires; after all the Yo Eddy came out to fit the specialized 2.5 tires when the wicked could not do it. A pair of meaty tires would unleash radical trail manners.

Thanks, I must say I’m really happy. Can’t wait to ride it. I didn’t know that about the fat ti, I must try and find some 2.5 Specialized tyres. I didn’t even know they existed. I’m gently looking for some 2.35 megabites as I love them. Will see what crops up first.

Thanks
Tom

Back