Wanted 1994 Dawes Edge LX/XT handlebar/stem combo

Sam W

Dirt Disciple
Rebuilding my 1994 Dawes Edge, trying to stick to original spec. The LX/XT variants that year came with a one piece stem/bar combo, possibly unique to those bikes. Feels like a long shot, but wondering if anyone has an original set lying around.

I've checked, bad news, it's not where it used to live so I must have thrown it away.

Other than bars and rim, do you need any other parts? I assume it's the gold / brown Lx version you are rebuilding?

Have you seen this thread for NOS vetta SL saddles?

I've checked, bad news, it's not where it used to live so I must have thrown it away.
That's a shame, but thank you for checking.

I'm starting from frame, forks and seatpost, so most parts are needed. Have already grabbed a NOS Vetta SL, and hub/rim for front wheel. Looking for a second rim, pair of tan wall kevlar Z-max tyres, plus the LX groupset. Planning to ride it occasionally, so generally looking for good condition rather than NOS, but open to either if the price is right.

One question I haven't managed to answer yet, did the LX come with M563 or M564 brake/shifter combo?

A very good question regarding which shifters, even the spec sheet doesn't state the part numbers. I'm not even sure of the differences between M563 and M564.

Attachments

• Dawes_1994_2 pricelist.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 3
I believe M564 were SLR Plus/Servo Wave, they also had a chunkier barrel screw than the M563. Based on the spec sheet mention of Servo Wave, I think M564 are correct. Note that the cheaper off limits has LX levers without servo wave.

Back