1993 Off-Road Team Toad

You dont have to, its only a bike.;)

last picture i had already taken.
I fitted 2 parts on the frame i had in stock.
Syncros seatpost with a not syncros lower shell and a avocet saddle in medium condition that lay in one of the boxes. I dont know where this one came from, but i wanted to give it a try since i never had sitting on one.
I thought it somehow fits?! Decide for yourself whether you like it or not.

cheers Kay

You dont have to, its only a bike.;)

last picture i had already taken.
I fitted 2 parts on the frame i had in stock.
Syncros seatpost with a not syncros lower shell and a avocet saddle in medium condition that lay in one of the boxes. I dont know where this one came from, but i wanted to give it a try since i never had sitting on one.
I thought it somehow fits?! Decide for yourself whether you like it or not.

cheers Kay
I had one and found it too narrow.

Sooo.

i told you i was not very happy with the choice of that ti bar. in the last couple of years i found out that i really do like wide bars with some good sweep. To find that with pc content is a pretty difficult thing.

a few weeks ago it popped a instergramm ( https://www.instagram.com/p/Ceq8NArlR3o/) post form full metal cycles that they made some custom ti bars with 22,2 mm bar a nice (wtb like) shim to 25,4 mm and all the other things i was searching for. so long story short the classic section of the german forum got some guys together and we dropped an order of i guess 17 Bars.

A nice guy arranged everything and after a short time the bars where delivered.

Old one out, new one in!

To do so without making any unnessisary damages i pulled out the old Syncros Coin trick. Worked extremly good. No problems with fitting the bars. I put a small piece of tesa tape to fix the shim because it can be really annoying to have only 2 hands to get all that together.
Bar on spot, shims in line keep the distance between the shims similar on both sides and so on...

and last but not least my beloved ritchey brake levers, and of course the one and only xt 735 Thumb shifters....

so long..
Kay

Looking good Kay. I saw that bar on IG and was thinking about getting some. What do you think of them?

first impression is very positive, they are not the lightest ones but hey...that doest have to be a bad point.

what should be wrong with Tioga stems, these are nice looking good working stems that came in a loooot of different options.
might be not that special, but they dont have any lack of performance to other "high quality" or fancy stems.
And the good news, they are straight and true. I can not say that for IRD!

This is a build where i put everything on that bike what i like and think will well perform, and of course looks good or matches the style. (in my opinion) Might break the rules of PCness, but i´m bored of super clean build ups. So..you like Tioga?

BAM!

had these in stock and thought it will be a perfect match.
cheers Kay

what should be wrong with Tioga stems, these are nice looking good working stems that came in a loooot of different options.
might be not that special, but they dont have any lack of performance to other "high quality" or fancy stems.
And the good news, they are straight and true. I can not say that for IRD!

This is a build where i put everything on that bike what i like and think will well perform, and of course looks good or matches the style. (in my opinion) Might break the rules of PCness, but i´m bored of super clean build ups. So..you like Tioga?

BAM!

had these in stock and thought it will be a perfect match.
cheers Kay
I have the Tbone on my rider and it does everything i need. Only caveat is the top cap has sharp edges which already cut my thig on a recent ride; nothing a file can´t sort out in a couple minutes.

Last edited:
hey
today the new grips arrived at my home.
Now please meet my new favorite Grip. And its a 2022 modern lock on Grip. Suprise!

i love this style. It reminds me somehow on a bmx grip. Thre is a little bit of flange on it that hides the lockring, The texture is solid, as is the grippiness. It looks somehow argressive and a little bit retroish too.

here is the complete cockpit. It fits like a glove and i love that style.

i coulnd`t help smashing a sticker to that naked bar...i´m a skater boy so what else could it be. Usually not my thing but, what the heck.
Cheers Kay

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back