1993 Off-Road Team Toad

about the forks,...we had some conversations with alot of people to find out about the non or suspension correctness of that frame.
i´m not a big fan of 90´s suspension forks so i would have been gone custom if it would have turned out sus corrected.

Adrian had the final talk to mr. DeKerf....who brought light in our dark

I won't be able to keep up with Kay but I'll try and share a few pics soon
but i hope you mean speed, not quality. I safed and collected parts for that build ever since Adrian mentioned that he´s thinking about parting with it....so i had some time hoping and spending money.
And thats the only reason i might be a little quicker...

Of course the paint will slow me down, but I may start putting it together as it is, just to get a feel for it

Right, new thread for you please @wtb_rider!

Really glad you got it, as I know you'll do it justice, and can't wait to follow along.

Meanwhile, @raidan73: Yeah, build it up as it is to get that feel, mainly so we can all get our rocks off watching from afar!

long before the frame was on the road i decided to prepare myself with beeing crafty.

i tryed to get some small toy toads to build some nice valve caps, like i use to to for a lot of other bikes.

for example:

you can obviously see that teese are figures from pixars "monster university"...i thought this may suit to my monster bike.

now back to the toadys...
the best i could get was these playmobile frogs...a bit to small but hey lets try.

drilled carefully some holes and glued my standard valve caps to these fellas.

tadaa!

till the next time.

Valve Caps done and fitted:

Wheelset is a nice mash up with Hügi compact in the back (of course) and because of not having a matching fronthub Edco competition in the front. Somehow the shape of that edco hub matches the most significant part of the fork i´m going to use.
Nice specialized BX rims about to get elox rubbed and a smooth not pc Mutano Raptor from WTB because that is a nice rolling pretty fat tire...i like that!

so long.
Cheers Kay

a lucky coincidence was that i found a 1" gator blade that i had to buy, even when i got a bonti fork for it at first.
i thought that the steerer was very short, but i thought i´m going to have to let the steering tube swap for a longer one.

At least i was thinking its only about 5mm too less. Than a low stack no logo king passed may way....maybe now it could work?

so i fitted the King and tried out the fork.

don't judge me by my diy headset press...it works for a long time like this....
best Kay

Some little steps...

as i toad you, Adrian told me that he thought about selling the Frame. That was my personal kickoff, to select from the stache and search for stuff that i thought i have to put on the bike once the time has come. Even when Adrian wasn´t really sure about the sale..:p it this very moment.

so this box was filling itself more and more.

My thoughts about the build where functional not to fancy/ because expensive and so on.

Okay the fork is very fancy, but that is the problem with frames/ companys witch havn´t had a ment to be fork.
Stem had to be with plenty of rise because of the neck, and it fits the crankset i had in mind/ stock for quiet some time.

was nos, doesn't had to be but what can you do.

here is already s moots ti bar fitted that might be swapped if i find another better matching contestant.

and now the pretty worn revolvers

since the bike was made out of ritchey tubing some parts are set to, so are the rings. If someone had a set of black TIOGA rings to offer let me know.

Colour will come,
cheers Kay

Back