1993 MC1 Mardi Gras Adroit (First ride pics c/w mud)

Re: Re:

mauricer":1pbljcgc said:
Amazing frame - unfortunately the so far shown choice of parts doesn't do it justice. Any elox parts will (IMHO) simple destroy the frame's stunning look. It needs some plain silver or black parts.

Best

Moritz

+1

Still, looking forward to this build! :D

And so is my (original, but lightly faded) Adroit with the sister-colour-scheme: Rainforest.

large_DSC01552.JPG

1993colors.jpg

Re:

it is a reasonable opinion to state that the parts should all be subdued to not distract from the frame, but I have already seen mardi gras built that way...sensory overload build sounds like a great plan!

Re:

You can borrow my rear wheel mate no probs, it's not spoked up the same as your front but it's the same hub and rim as you know.

Re: Re:

Vinevo":23oh8z5u said:
You can borrow my rear wheel mate no probs, it's not spoked up the same as your front but it's the same hub and rim as you know.

Ooo. That's an idea Ash. Could get it together then.
Thanks for the offer. If it's ok can get cracking while still searching then.

Re:

I found a road wheel built up yesterday Vincent with a purple Hope hub, axle is 130mm and the cassette body is not a Shimano spline, are you aware if you can get the parts to swap out to get it as you want it? It's still very bright and I couldn't find any cracks. I've reserved the wheel so it's safe and I said we need to see if the parts can be sourced so it can be changed to fit your purpose, get a thread up in chat and wanted I reckon. Otherwise yes it's fine to use my one to get this built.

Re: MC1 Adroit

I love the coloured parts on this bike, in the end, it is early 90's!

The rims are much younger though, about 1998? I would try to build it with as many early 90 parts as possible. In that way it is as original as possible.

Back