1993 Lotus Sport Monocoque

Re: Re:

kalex":27loqk1g said:
Roll on 6 hours so we can see what it's like

You won't have to wait that long as I've just peeled it off, still a bit tacky and won't attempt to sand it for 24hrs.

45168789964_e0de4345b2_c.jpg

It looks from the photo as if it's uneven but that's the reflection of the blue top I was wearing :roll:

Re:

I thought you'd fill the chip with resin and just let it harden then smooth with wet and dry but it looks as if you've left the polythene as the outer coat.

From the first pic today you've got 2 chips on the top ( not including the one your fixing ) but on the afterwards pic I can only see resin patchwork on the one at the back and the top looks fixed, if you catch what I'm saying.

Re:

There's no polythene, that's the finish you get once the polythene is peeled off. It makes the sanding and blending in easier.
As regards to the top of the headset I have chipped off the loose gelcoat and have been building up a few layers of resin on it. I'm only demonstrating the one chip repair as I'm sure no one wants to see me post every chip I fill :LOL:

yakboy":1f6x9iwq said:
There's no polythene, that's the finish you get once the polythene is peeled off. It makes the sanding and blending in easier.
As regards to the top of the headset I have chipped off the loose gelcoat and have been building up a few layers of resin on it. I'm only demonstrating the one chip repair as I'm sure no one wants to see me post every chip I fill :LOL:

I thought the polythene would have stuck to the resin as it was secured down with green tape.

I wasn't on about seeing every chip repaired, in the first pic the chip is there at the top and your fixing the one underneath and then in the next pic the one at the top is gone but I couldn't see the repair and it looks like the chip was never there. Sorry I'm not very good at trying to explain when typing.

Retro Spud":37ynodfb said:
Setting my watch for 9pm and Tuning in for an update
:facepalm: trust you :roll:

You'll have to wait until tomorrow now as have decided to give it 24 hours to cure as it's still a bit tacky.

I did have a little trip to see Gil_M today so the "Lotus Sport" and gold magura decals are in hand. We are trying to do a better job than Lotus did with their decals :LOL:

yakboy":2m460z9h said:
You'll have to wait until tomorrow now as have decided to give it 24 hours to cure as it's still a bit tacky.
Do I detect a slight lack of hardner... :shock:

Graham_hkr":s4suf6rr said:
yakboy":s4suf6rr said:
Do I detect a slight lack of hardner... :shock:
No I've found epoxy takes a little while to cure 100%. Polyester tends to "snap" set more. Also having pigment in there slows the set compared to pure resin.

Back