Wanted 1993 Kona Kilauea wanted

Chris555

Retro Newbie
Hi, I am chasing a 1993 Kona Kilauea (with the red/silver paint job). Looking for any state of completeness (whole bike / partial bike / frame only).

If you asked 2 months ago 🤦‍♂️.. sold a really nice one on here. Anyway good luck, they do pop up reasonably regularly, will keep an eye out for you 👍

Thanks mate. I just found this site today after scouring Facebook marketplace, eBay and gumtree across many countries with no luck. I spotted your one in the sold section and was gutted that it went so recently, it looked perfect.

One on eBay right now. 20” frame only, £200. Nowt to do with me but I spotted it the other day.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I'll check it out! Can anyone help me out with sizing? I'd been aiming for an 18" frame. I feel like 20" is a big bike, I'm about 5'11' - 6'.

Attached a pic of my 97 Kilauea to give you an idea. That’s a 19” frame set up for me at 5’10”.

Attachments

• 3FC78CD7-4D8C-428C-80F1-97908FE2E745.jpeg
    3FC78CD7-4D8C-428C-80F1-97908FE2E745.jpeg
    878.8 KB · Views: 10
Interesting, thanks. Was there much room to move on the seatpost, and how was the standover height? Proportion wise I'm kinda longer torso / shorter leg.

That's a lovely bike btw.

Seat post still has a couple of inches movement left and the stand over is fine for me. I’ve tried an 18” and a 20” kona. 18” seemed a bit cramped in the reach department and the 20” was a stretch. I find the top tube/reach size more important than the seat tube size.

The '93 has a long reach,coupled with a lower front means i would not be able to ride a 19" comfortably, i am 5'10" and stretched out on mine. My 18" '96 was too big for me and the 17" would have fitted me better. Everyone is different though, so best if you could try one.

My 18" '93 -

kila1.JPG

Back