Decals arrived today from Gil. He recommended clear coating them and I wasn’t happy with the lacquer finish so I gave it a light rub down to give the new lacquer something to grip to, put the decals on and lacquered it again. I realised that I had been spraying the lacquer too quickly so wasn’t getting a decent gloss finish. Went slower this time and I’m a lot happier with the finish now.
I’ll leave it to cure for a day or so and will put it together over the break.
Well it’s nearly finished (except for the saddle and an 8 speed freehub)and I took it for a test ride today. It went pretty well considering the dreadful weather.
I’ll try and re cover the saddle that I want on it and I’m waiting for the 8 speed freehub to arrive.
I’ve clear coated the frame once I’d fitted the decals and I’m pretty pleased with the finished result.
I’ve changed the chainset to an xtr with a set of new black spire pro chainrings. I’ve also swapped the tyres for some 1.9 Panaracer smokes which suit it better. Been out again today and it really goes well now.
Initially I didn’t think it went as well as my Team Marin but it certainly does now.
The only thing I’ll change now is an Xtr front derailleur if one comes up.