1993 Kona Explosif New Project

Re:

It’s had a couple of coats of paint now. I’m not 100% on the colour match on the silver but the black seems right. I’m Waiting for it to go off for a day then I’ll check for any imperfections and give it another light coat before a couple of coats of laquer.

Attachments

• 6F2DC8EE-F767-406E-90E4-BCCB30AEF8C3.jpeg
    6F2DC8EE-F767-406E-90E4-BCCB30AEF8C3.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 386
  • B7317055-C56C-49AC-9A12-F8C543F72C2C.jpeg
    B7317055-C56C-49AC-9A12-F8C543F72C2C.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 386
  • 27A5A6A7-F47E-4FD9-9EED-937E7A746E68.jpeg
    27A5A6A7-F47E-4FD9-9EED-937E7A746E68.jpeg
    394.1 KB · Views: 386
Re:

Looking good :cool:

Out of curiousity, was black / silver fade an official colourway?

I've a '93 Explosif and it's the standard UK Met dark blue / silver fade....... I know the International colourway was different, but never seen a black / silver fade.........

Good effort with the paint, it will look great with the decals on :cool:

Re: Re:

Kult Friction":27mcaud4 said:

I've a '93 Explosif and it's the standard UK Met dark blue / silver fade....... I know the International colourway was different, but never seen a black / silver fade.........

The '93 Explosif was black and silver, the Lava Dome was Blue and silver, catalogue here - http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/v/M ... 6.jpg.html

mk one":5hbwusfl said:
Kult Friction":5hbwusfl said:

The '93 Explosif was black and silver, the Lava Dome was Blue and silver, catalogue here - http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/v/M ... 6.jpg.html

Thanks for the link to the catalogue, however really not required seeing as I own one in original paint :roll: :LOL:

Sure it might look black and silver in that image, but in reality it's actually metallic dark blue and somewhat darker than the Lava Dome.......... Just look at the contrast between the paint and the seat collar & brake guide in that image..........

It had the original (I’m pretty sure) black paint on the rear end and had a really dodgy silver repaint on the front. I know there’s a couple of others in black/silver fade around too.
I’m colour blind but that link doesn’t look blue or black to me!
I had looked at it as a reference but as it was originally black and others were black I went with that.

Kult Friction":3u3cmz7z said:
Thanks for the link to the catalogue, however really not required seeing as I own one in original paint :roll: :LOL:

Sure it might look black and silver in that image, but in reality it's actually metallic dark blue and somewhat darker than the Lava Dome.......... Just look at the contrast between the paint and the seat collar & brake guide in that image..........

Interesting, i have seen European models with single colours but not a blue and silver version. Would you post a pic of the bike for us please.

konacarl said:
It had the original (I’m pretty sure) black paint on the rear end and had a really dodgy silver repaint on the front. I know there’s a couple of others in black/silver fade around too.
I’m colour blind but that link doesn’t look blue or black to me!
I had looked at it as a reference but as it was originally black and others were black I went with that.[/quote

Hey as I say was just curious.... colour doesn't really matter, It's your bike so as long as you're happy with it, that's all that matters......... especially if colourblind :cool: The bike will still appreciate the TLC and reward you hansomely with a stellar ride :LOL:

Back