1993 Fat Chance Titanium.

What a superb bike.
Nice choice of tyres there. I preferred the look of the skinwalls but those fat tyres will really complement the frames ride qualities and help realise its potential. Good call.

Last edited:
I like the FAT Chance Chill pills … never knew they existed ! … not certain the if Chris King ever made the titanium headset in a 1inch version?

Seeing this built up is making me wish I could my own bike into a ridable condition, really like the pure xtr ‘stealth‘ build style (and will all work well too)
They did make a 1” King Ti. Much as I love Ti, I cant see the point in its use in a headset or retro cranks where its not the optimum material imo.Yes…. IK about the latest Ti Wings cranks as an exception. A Ti Flexstem fitted to these really brings out the flavour so to speak. You get all the engineered stiffness yet Ti comfort of these frames, the precision handling with the BOI and the tuned trail buzz damping with no geometry compromises. Its just an amazing combo.

What a superb bike.
Nice choice of tyres there. I preferred the look of the skinwalls but those fat tyres will really help realise its potential. Good call.
For sone reason skinwalls didn’t work for me on this. Black goes so well with the rest of the bike.

I like the FAT Chance Chill pills … never knew they existed ! … not certain the if Chris King ever made the titanium headset in a 1inch version?

Seeing this built up is making me wish I could my own bike into a ridable condition, really like the pure xtr ‘stealth‘ build style (and will all work well too)
Not sure if the chill pills are originally Fat Chance, I think they’ve been redone with some Fat Chance stickers, but I like them nonetheless. A splash of blue to compliment the frame decals.

Not sure if the chill pills are originally Fat Chance, I think they’ve been redone with some Fat Chance stickers, but I like them nonetheless. A splash of blue to compliment the frame decals.
I got those from another seller on here a few years ago. They had the decals on them already, then I sold them on here again unfitted as the fashion suddenly changed to either Ringle Peace or Fat Fingers. They have done the rounds and now finally… they are where they belong 😎

Back