1993 CANNONDALE H800 Cross Training build / rebuild thread

Re:

Love these hybrid Cannondales, this one has a fantastic build on it, also love the touch up technique. Excellent :D :cool: :cool: :cool:

Re:

Stylish and interesting!What a great colour.
And it looks practical as well,which is more than can be said for most of my retrobikes.

Re:

That's a fine looking hybrid. Mine is a size smaller - a 20" and it just gets used and abused, but I wish it looked like yours. Owned from new, I initially used mine as a mountain bike before I bought a KHS Montana Comp. It's in good shape but I got chain suck issues with it early on until I re-hashed the chain ring situation and used it more as a road bike. The Ritchey chainrings were silver not black.

There cannot have been many of these sold in the UK. I remember ringing round for one and this is all I could find; a size too small really, but it was on offer in 1994. I've always loved the way it rides and the kit on it is mostly superb. It now has R221/R224 Sora flat bar shifters on it which work perfectly with the XT mechs.

Attachments

• IMG_20160403_164411620_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20160403_164411620_HDR.jpg
    839.9 KB · Views: 263
There was this one last thing I had in mind:

I was never 100% happy with the Kalloy UNO stem and noodle adapter. So I restored an old Noodle Syncros...

Guess I can call this finished now - until the next addition :-D. I dont really want or need the Syncros Decals right now - maybe someday. The bike should not look too overpowered.

I'm finding your meticulous painting / repainting techniques extremely informative. Having searched for specific metalflake colours in model shops and car parts stores, I never thought of mixing my own. Good tip to keep in mind!

And the bike looks both capable and speedy!

I am still quite mad that most of the pictures from all my threads and bikes are gone! Maybe you guys know why. Does it have to do with the general revision of the forum? It really sucks and makes a ton of extra work for me now!

Here is one recent pic! I wanted to keep this thread alive.

If you love to buy retro bike parts, you will find all I am selling here:

Cheers!

1993 Cannondale Cros Training H800 restoration build up picture by Falko Schloetel Germany 101.jpeg

Last edited:
Well, I guess here in this thread there is not much more to do for me now but keep you updated with some pictures whenever I ride it. Next week, the H800 Cross Training will be out with me for a week in Bavaria / Munich, Grainau and Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany! Maybe I have some more beautiful pics then. At the moment, its only stored away in quite the good 90s legends company

Youll find the 1994 MARIN Bull Frog Trail build thread here:

and the 1996 KLEIN Quantum Pro (Burgundy Blue) will have an own thread very soon.

Cheers!

1993 Cannondale H800 1994 Marin Bull Frog Trail 1996 KLEIN Quantum Pro Burgundy Blue.jpeg

Back