1992 San Andreas Mountain Cycle

Re:

I love this.

And I usually hate Stars and Stripe-themed builds!

Same goes for Union Jack-themed builds, actually. And, I suppose, French tricolour-themed builds!

Anyway, you get my point...

It's the attention to detail that does it for me on this. That and the out of the ordinary, road-less-travelled part selection.

Can't wait to see it continue to come together.

Those 19 (Edit: 20!) pages flew by!

Re:

Thanks for the kind words Road less travelled is exactly what I'm going for and the stars and stripes is just to emphasise the all US parts theme ( Well apart from the freewheel, but as far as I know you guys never made them.....if anybody can tell me different please do)

You've got to love eBay kleinanzeigen😁
Finally found a 13-28 Regina Extra America 1992 7 speed freewheel
Screenshot_20210504-114954_eBay Kleinanzeigen.jpg Screenshot_20210504-114926_eBay Kleinanzeigen.jpg

So just waiting for a few parts from the states and some axles for the bullseye hubs then the final assembly can begin😁

It's been a long search to get an MTB/CX freewheel at a fair price, but the best things come to those who wait😁

Mmmmmm... 20210510_180812.jpg .so the freewheel arrived today from Germany...it is a NOS thing of beauty....only one problem...it ain't 13-28, it's 13-24🙄 A genuine mistake on the part of the vendor as the original tin says 13-28...he's offered me a refund but was genuinely horrified so I said I'd put it on the Road Bike for sale section for what it cost me and see what happens.....bugger...so the search continues...so I guess the best things don't always come to those who wait..

In 1991-2, the San Andreas Mountain Cycle was the most unique bike I had ever seen. I remember seeing it an spring/summer issue of a Mountain Bike Action in 1991 when I was in college. In that issue showcased all the new bikes for 1992, the year suspension took off. The San Andreas Mountain Cycle was by far the nicest looking full-suspension bike. With the inverted forks and disc brakes it was so far ahead of it's time. You have a true time capsule there Sir! I am looking forward to seeing your progress :)

In 1991-2, the San Andreas Mountain Cycle was the most unique bike I had ever seen. I remember seeing it an spring/summer issue of a Mountain Bike Action in 1991 when I was in college. In that issue showcased all the new bikes for 1992, the year suspension took off. The San Andreas Mountain Cycle was by far the nicest looking full-suspension bike. With the inverted forks and disc brakes it was so far ahead of it's time. You have a true time capsule there Sir! I am looking forward to seeing your progress :)
Thank you. Struggling to find the rear cassette and still waiting for parts from the States so progress has been slow at the moment. I am itching to ride it though.

I know, I know 🤨 Being held up by Mr Grafton as I can't proceed until his bits arrive and still searching for the rear freewheel, hence the progress on other projects.

Back