1992 Rocky Mountain Vertex

Yeah, i prefer the Big Fork, hopefully the steerer will be long enough.

Agree on the Big Fork now I’ve seen them in place

Re:

The red actually goes nice with the blue frame, don't respray for now.

What's the steerer tube length?
and headtube length ? (105, 110?)

Re: Re:

FluffyChicken":3d6rn7fr said:
What's the steerer tube length?
and headtube length ? (105, 110?)

Good question. Just measured them at 100 and 120.

Know little about stack heights so not sure if that will be enough :?

Re:

so that's 20mm of steerer to play with, no change then.
Unles you use a steerer extender and Aheadset setups.

you're looking about 35mm on top of the headtube length for a threaded setup.
Headsets do vary though, but few are shorter than that (that's a XT 731 sort of height)

Didn't think it would be long enough when looking at it. oh well, reluctant to use an extender for now.

Re:

I just went through the fork mix and match exercise with my '90 Blizzard built. (see post) and my bike also has a 100mm head tube.

You need about 130mm minimum.

I'm liking your build so far. The steel vertex is a rare one for sure. Great colour too. The high mounted brazed seat stays are cool. This junction is so different on the Blizzard.

The bike on the bed had me laughing. I catch enough flack for having too many around the apartment!
:LOL:

Thanks bside.

Im watching your Blizzard build and looking forward to seeing it with the new forks fitted.

Found the cranks out.

Had these for quite a while, always drawn to Ritchey parts, and bikes. I'm not sure if exotic is really applicable, but it was something different than Shimano back in the day.

They were going onto a Kona, which i still have not found, so thought they would be ideal on this. Turns out they were specced on this anyway, not that i had intentions of building this to catalogue specs, and i would actually like black cranks on so will see how it goes. I do have a brakeset somewhere too, once i find it. P1012762.JPG

Last edited:
Re:

It's one of them odd ones, when Sugino makes some of the best cranks, like Shimano they become boring.
Ritchey add a small bit of style over the Suntours, (as did White Industries later on)

Back