1992 Rocky Mountain Experience Project Resto Mod!

Wow, im not a fan of e-stay designs usually, but that just looks so right.....to the point where I want to buy one :)

Makes me wish I still had my "Experience". It was stolen a long time ago, and I ended up building up my current "Cirrus" a few years after. Don't get me wrong, my "Cirrus" handles great, but I loved the higher BB clearance and shorter wheelbase of the "Experience".

The only original Rocky part that came of the bike that I still have is "shoulder holder" seat!

Porschenut":1owzvkth said:
Sorry, my Syncros collection only gets bigger. It's kind of an addiction really. I have a spare set of steel Revolution cranks and forks, but they'll eventually be used on some other Rocky project.

I have one too and its quite close, you can see it in a pic on my signature link.

Porschenut":215jlusq said:
It has a really old school Syncros seatpost with a long extinct top clamp and I wonder if I have it facing the wrong direction. Why? The rear bolt seems perilously close to the bottom semi-circle.

Can any other original Syncros seatpost owners comment?

I think the problem is that your seat is angled down at the front. If you tilt it back a bit you should get the bar to slide through a bit, and create a touch more clearance.

Hoepfully...

Si F

Hello! Just wondering about your Experience build...Is/Was there a standard sized spindle length that you had to go with on the Experience?
If you wouldn't mind sharing some details about what you encountered with your cranks and spacing. Thanks!

Thanks! My ignorance, but what does BSA stand for? And what BB model did you use? Are you still riding it? I'm just rebuilding one that I just picked-up locally here in Ontario, CANADA.

Back