1992 Cannondale M2000 time capsule

Back to the bike, here are some recent photos with the Ritchey tyres on.
Looks like it should be.

M2000 - the top dog of Cannondale's fully rigid MTBs.
IMG_7281.jpg

Cannondale fought against the tide that was RapidFire+ for some years by speccing thumbies to its top bikes. It worked as long a the cassette was 7 speed... In 1992 both stem and handlebar were provided by Answer.
IMG_7284.jpg

Those dropouts :oops:
IMG_7288.jpg

Full Deore XT M735 except for Ritchey Logic cranks & brake levers
IMG_6579.jpg

Controversial Force 40 brake system and it's first version. Don't know about the 40% improved braking power though...
IMG_6577.jpg

IMG-7048.jpg

That last photo is just sooooo nice. It genuinely looks like a photo from 30 years ago. And it brings back good memories of the high performance that these had at the time. I had a lot of very good days on mine. These things could climb. They excelled at it. This indeed is a Very Nice Thing.

Thanks mate!
Regarding decals, they're easy to obtain from Gil @ Retrodecals (https://www.facebook.com/retrodecals)

The headset is 1 1/4" 'Evolution' size so a bit more rare than the normal 1 1/8" 'Oversize'. However, you should be able to find suitable headsets for it without too much trouble.
Love the bike. I had forgotten about being member of this site until today when I was discussing needing new decals for my '94 Super V 2000 and Delta V 600 that I am currently having to re-paint. Anyways, I popped over here to see who other might recommend and you happened to recommended the same man that Brian did from vintagecannondales.com did. I'll take that as a good sign that he is the right guy to look into sourcing my decal sets from.

Back