1991 Stumpjumper Comp, NOS Frame & Fork

The chainset was a nearly-new bargain impulse buy off yank Ebay, so keep looking, they do sometimes end up going for less than retail!

I missed out on the perfect one the other day. Ended up going for £216, with my max bid being the next highest :(

Think i have a frame like that in the shed. Its been rough powdercoated with specialized transfers. it has the same dropouts, stay design, seat collar and cable hanger. No forks unfortunately, so it sits unused Mine is a 1 inch head tube. What's yours head tube dia?

Think i have a frame like that in the shed. Its been rough powdercoated with specialized transfers. it has the same dropouts, stay design, seat collar and cable hanger. No forks unfortunately, so it sits unused Mine is a 1 inch head tube. What's yours head tube dia?

That'll be 1" I'm sure. Specialized were a bit late to the party with 1 1/8" iirc

It's got a 1" head tube, but it was JIS-sized from the factory, making headset choice very difficult as the fork crown seat is ISO-sized. I had the head tube reamed to ISO inner diameter so that I could use a standard CK 1" headset and crown race.

I missed out on the perfect one the other day. Ended up going for £216, with my max bid being the next highest :(

Damn, that's a very good price if it came with spindle & chainring! They do come around, you sometimes have to use custom searches to see the spooky USA listings...

It's got a 1" head tube, but it was JIS-sized from the factory, making headset choice very difficult as the fork crown seat is ISO-sized. I had the head tube reamed to ISO inner diameter so that I could use a standard CK 1" headset and crown race.

Damn, that's a very good price if it came with spindle & chainring! They do come around, you sometimes have to use custom searches to see the spooky USA listings...

This one was in the USA. It came with a 30T chainring, Ti bottom bracket and a bashguard. Gutted I was!

this is so good mate, nice one!!

ps. Ive noticed there's a 26" meet of some sort in London first Sunday in August, if you're around let me know and I'll forward the details....

Back