1991 Stumpjumper Comp, NOS Frame & Fork

ectoplasmosis

Old School Hero
Just got hold of a new-old-stock 1991 Stumpjumper Comp frame & fork. Perfect condition, never been built up.

It's got a JIS head tube and ISO crown seat, so I had the head tube reamed to accept a normal ISO headset.

Will be building it up to ride daily.

Attachments

• frame01.jpg
    frame01.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 745
  • frame02.jpg
    frame02.jpg
    427.9 KB · Views: 744
  • parts01.jpg
    parts01.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 748
I had 1 of those new BITD. blast from my past :)

with the depths of time i'd forgotten how near horizontal the dropouts are.

Mmmmmm M30 cranks. I'm very jealous. Need to just order some.
Where in the hell does one stumble across a nos f+f like this?

I think this is my new favorite bike on Retrobike. So, so sweet in all the ways. Hubs, brakes, cranks, seat, paint, THE BARS. And it looks like a bigger size so I can actually picture myself ripping it. In fact, I've already taken this on a few local dirt loops in my head, sorry. 😬

I can't decide how I feel.

But I also can't stop looking at it!

So you've definitely done something right.

It has to be said that everything looks flawless and I think you've picked the right modern parts to make this work.

Although the rear mech does look just a touch too space-age for the rest of it, IMHO.

Wow, what praise! Thanks!

It's a hoot to ride, the large fence of a frame soaks everything up neatly.

The paint is incredible and impossible to photograph; it's a mad matte metallic pearl with hints of gold & purple in the sun.

Really chuffed with it.

I can't decide how I feel.

But I also can't stop looking at it!

So you've definitely done something right.

It has to be said that everything looks flawless and I think you've picked the right modern parts to make this work.

Although the rear mech does look just a touch too space-age for the rest of it, IMHO.

Thanks, much appreciated!

I was wary of posting this up for the purists on here, especially it being a rare NOS frame, but it's built to ride daily and will be getting a front rack and eventually guards for the winter.

Mech is a little incongruous I agree, but this needs a wide-range 1x drivetrain and they all look like the Predator's leg!

Latest posts

Back