1991 Rocky Mountain Altitude

Just a head's up if you care about using that Manitou fork from first pic.....I know the elastomers are toast but they have coil springs you can put in their place. I have the same fork from 1993 on a Specialized Rockhopper Comp and took it off because no more elastomers were available. I recently found the coils on ebay and have rebuilt the fork and made it functional again. It isn't like anything new forks but it does work and could be used on a retro rebuild. Haven't ridden it on trail like that but betting it would work as good or better than it did originally with the elastomers. The coils come in different firmness too.

with my good friend Adri, we put these titanium springs inside the fork, without elastomers, as the springs were the right size ;)

318529.jpg

That looks cool. Yeah, you just need the short elastomers inside the stanchions for top out...at least that's what I did with mine. Do you plan on putting it back on the bike?

powerlite fork please ;), and another choice in handlebar… that colour looks really out of place with the build. :?

otherwise very nice restoration/refresh on it. :cool:

Re:

:roll: and she runs ever :D

Attachments

• WEbotto2.jpg
    WEbotto2.jpg
    245.5 KB · Views: 663
  • WEbotto5.jpg
    WEbotto5.jpg
    302.3 KB · Views: 663
  • WEbotto7.jpg
    WEbotto7.jpg
    292.2 KB · Views: 663
Re:

:( Very sadly :( , I'm considering to sell it :( .... too many retro bikes to use, a modern project to be carried out, little money to spend .... :?

Back