1991 Marin Eldridge Grade for sale

Haddon1979

Retro Newbie
Hi all,

Just joined today. I have a Marin Eldridge Grade mountain bike for sale. All original parts apart from the crankset, which had to be replaced. All Shimano Deore LX components, with a Shimano Deore XT rear hub. Mavic M400 rims. 24 speeds gear. 30 years old so some wear and tear, and some rust but in working order. Happy to accept offers. Photos attached,

Cheers,

Craig

Attachments

• Bike1.jpg
    Bike1.jpg
    657.8 KB · Views: 609
  • Bike2.jpg
    Bike2.jpg
    976.6 KB · Views: 602
  • Bike3.jpg
    Bike3.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 602
  • Bike4.jpg
    Bike4.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 602
  • Bike5.jpg
    Bike5.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 602
  • Bike6.jpg
    Bike6.jpg
    746.4 KB · Views: 602
  • Bike7.jpg
    Bike7.jpg
    823.6 KB · Views: 605
  • Bike8.jpg
    Bike8.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 607
Hi welcome to Retrobike
Looks later than a 1991 Eldridge grade. More mid 90’s
A 91 is grey and neon red. Looks like a 1995 Eldridge to me.
Anyway regardless, great bike.

Re:

Hi, I'd be interested in knowing more, please - price-wise, but also size, and whether or not there are any dings or dents. Could be just what I'm looking for! thanks.

Re: Marin Eldridge Grade

Hi all,

Apologies, newbie so some schoolboy errors :oops:

So yes I have registered it on Ebay for £50 (Auction starting bid). The bike is a 19" frame, with 21" rims.

In terms of dates, sorry not to be exact but it was early 90's so apologies. It was a long time ago.

The bike is over 20 years old, so yes there is some rust and a few dents but considering its age its not too bad.

If you require more photos let me know; and finally...nearly forgot; I am based in Chesterfield.

Cheers,

Craig

Hi all,

A couple of questions have come in:

What happened to the original crankshaft.....I had it serviced and they said it was damaged/not repairable. I actually feel I was duped and never followed up. Shop since closed; my mistake

Can I post it/have it sent by courier: courier probably easier

What do I want for the bike? I have had a fair bit of interest on Ebay and I only listed it yesterday, and have received a bid of £50 already; so I expect bids between £50-£100.

I am getting a new bike, hence departing with this one, but I don't want to give it away either.

Thanks

Back