1991 Kona Explosif

tiboltrider

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Recent purchase. It's faded from the original purple (like the Lavadome) to blue! >>>

Attachments

• small 02032011334.jpg
    small 02032011334.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 4,705
  • small 02032011335.jpg
    small 02032011335.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 4,705

tiboltrider

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
tintin40":10ezv9tn said:
Any plans to get painted back to the original colour?

Like this! (can't remember who on here it belongs to) >>>

Not sure yet. I may just go all black. And not sure whether to fit Mag 21s, Project 2s or RC31s? :?

Attachments

• small 25082008760.jpg
    small 25082008760.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 4,681

feetabix

Retrobike Rider
P2's all the way for me.....they suit the frame so well, that last pic is perfection in terms of scale.....

Wold Ranger

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Explosif

That will just ride so well, a re coat in an Original colourway would look so kool too, is it an 18 or 19?

tiboltrider

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I may go for P2s then. I've got a pair but they're ahead not threaded - oh well! I like the look of the '92 Kilauea with matching frame and forks so I might respray them both in black.

It's an 18" centre to top, I think, maybe smaller. The long head tube makes it look bigger in the piccy.

tintin40

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
feetabix":3ruewe9d said:
P2's all the way for me.....they suit the frame so well, that last pic is perfection in terms of scale.....

Your soooooooooooooooooooo correct feetabix :cool:

feetabix

Retrobike Rider
tintin40":1o5tz6ag said:
feetabix":1o5tz6ag said:

Your soooooooooooooooooooo correct feetabix :cool:

every now and again a picture just looks right, you can tell the bike will ride nicely.....i dont understand the reason, it just 'does'........that is a good example!.....

Andy R

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
feetabix":2af9io9z said:

Or it would be with some proper tyres........ ;)

Ernie

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Bud,
here a pic of my explosif 1994..it was originally green..wanted to match but couldnt so went for a purple/bluish/ink ..just to give you an idea ;)

Ernie ;)

Attachments

• explosif 2 002.jpg
    explosif 2 002.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 4,465