1991 Cannondale SE2000 - First Proper Ride

chiswickcollectables

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Recently I completed my ultimate retro bike.. nothin' spesh to most but possibly my greatest desired bike since my original got teef'd nearly twenty years ago. It was my '91 Cannondale SM800. So with that, my massive 1990 Attitude and my 1990 Muddy Fox I thought that was it; however.. it wasn't :facepalm:

The Muddy Fox was my first decent ATB, then came my Beast of the East in 1991, meanwhile the Klein Attitude was my lust bike.. so my wife, believing I was satisfied with the first, the favored and the unobtainable was very surprised and slightly pissed when she saw I was bidding on this.

1991 Cannondale SE2000

This was a bike a gazed over endlessly in the '91 catalogue and despite it been number two in line after the SE Omega the colours made it stand out more. Finally today I met one in the flesh and boy what a corker :cool:

1991 Catalogue

It's clearly been build up at some point but I would say if it has been used it certainly hasn't been taken far.. in fact if it wasn't for a scratch on the right hand Pepperoni blade it would certainly fall into NOS category.

I'm really looking forward to building this bike but I'm going to take my time as I want to get it right. I already have quite a few bits in the garage waiting to go on but I'm going to try and hold out for a set of Ritchey Logic cranks which don't seem to crop up very often :(
I also need a set of brakes and was thinking along the lines of matching Logic one's but again they don't seem to be very popular right now. So bare with me on this one as it could take a while for completion, but saying that, patience was never one of my strong points and now it's made it safely from Portugal I'm desperate to take it out and break my full suss (if you can call Flexstem suss) cherry.

Thanks for looking and stay tuned :D

Craig

Re: The Last One Wasn't The Last.. (Cannondale Content)

Very nice. Looks like the rear shock is on upside down though.

Cool one Craig, signing up for progress reports.

The Ritchey Logic stuff isn't that hard to find Craig, especially the canti's. I've got them on my Brodie and they work really well too. The colours look really vibrant on that by the way :cool:

paddlingpool":t2xizftq said:
Very nice. Looks like the rear shock is on upside down though.

Well spotted and thanks for pointing out. There's a lot of dust in the spring and shock thread so plan is to take it apart and clean before building.... I'll make sure the shock is put back the right way ;)

Re: the Ritchey parts, I don't seem to come across them that often. I too use a set of Logic brakes but on my SM800 and I really like them but I've never seen another set since :( and stupidly about 18mths ago I sold a really minty set of Logic cranks have have since struggled to find anything in the same condition :facepalm:

I guess I need to make a list of what I have and need and get a thread going in the wanted section.

Seriously cool Craig :cool: loving the colours ESP the Cosmic ! !

Nice! I've often thought E.S.T's are rarely seen on here. I remember them being quite desirable amongst my riding buddies bitd.

pulling a seat for this as it was one of the first real mtbs I owned cannondale did and still do some whaky frames love it :)

Absolutely loving it, those vivid colours, the large 22" frame, gorgeous! :xmas-cool:

Back