1990 Rocky Mountain Blizzard - REBUILD

bside1978

Dirt Disciple
Re:

-American Classic QR for the front wheel
-Paul Funky Monkey cable hanger (modified to fit 2mm cable)
-Brodie magnesium spacers for the Gorilla booster for a secret exotic touch

Attachments

• IMG_3119.jpg
    IMG_3119.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 343

bside1978

Dirt Disciple
Re:

Progress made, but not finished. My Shimano 5mm shift cable is coming from China and it's taking a while...

The chain is on and I dialled in the limit screw to give a decent single speed gear for a ride around the neighbourhood today. It felt good!

This is my first U-brake experience so I had to play around with the springs awhile to get it right. The cable routing on this bike is also very funky! That little roller is cool but the layout is problematic. I couldn't get the oversized 6mm XT housing to make that last bend cleanly. A little piece of 90's XTR housing worked without too much induced friction so that's that...

Soon to the mountains!

Attachments

• IMG_3313.jpg
    IMG_3313.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 286
  • IMG_3310.jpg
    IMG_3310.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 286

bside1978

Dirt Disciple
Re:

The bike is basically done.
It rolls, stops, and now shifts.
Finally ready for a proper fall trail ride!

-The 5mm Shimano housing was worth the wait, it cut's nice and feels like quality.
-Black Oury grips added
-The Dear Head friction shifter works great on the 8spd cassette but is rather touchy. I may go for a more standard 7spd indexed set-up.

Attachments

• IMG_3499 (1).jpg
    IMG_3499 (1).jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 241

jklmnop

Dirt Disciple
Hey woodsie. Sorry to hijack the thread but do you still have those syncros stems lying around. I’m trying to build a 91 rocky stratos and I don’t have the frame in hand yet so I’m not sure what size I need. Unfortunately I can’t pm quite yet.