1990 Muddy Fox Courier Comp grello to the max!

Re:

that looks awesome, when i got mine the paint was terrible so i sent it to Argos for a repaint which was great but obvs never gonna be exactly right (but i don't mind that) i built mine with XC pro/Xc comp originally but now it's 8speed black LX with canti's which looks nice against the bright green paint.

i don't ride it very often but i don't think i'm ever likely to get rid of it as it's just cool :cool:

Rear wheel rebuilt with shiny stainless spokes - its a bit wobbly but will straighten out later

front wheel to do next

legrandefromage":1xvcq0i2 said:
So, out and about and at a snowy Norfolk customers house I spied some very familiar paint

I asked

I got

What a great way to keep my lockdown mad brain distracted.

31 years or so and the paint, although chipped, still looks like this

The original tires are useable!

I dont have the original MF bars/ grips/ saddle or stem but heck, the frame is so clean and bright it doesnt matter

The 400LX groupset is the cleanest I've seen in years

Hope you like it - it is way too small for me so it will be cleaned, put back together and sold at some point. But not yet, I need to bask in the grellow just that wee bit longer
Gorgeous!!! A work of art :cool:

She’d looks remarkably organised. Have you been tidying?

Looking forward to the result.

Well, this is as far as I got

It will be winging its way on to new owner soon and I hope they will be very pleased with it

Attachments

• mf9.jpg
    mf9.jpg
    219.8 KB · Views: 255
Re:

Amour26.gif
Amour26.gif
Amour26.gif
Amour26.gif
Amour26.gif

Amour26.gif
Amour26.gif
Amour26.gif
Amour26.gif
Amour26.gif

Amour26.gif
Amour26.gif
Amour26.gif
Amour26.gif
Amour26.gif

Amour26.gif
Amour26.gif
Amour26.gif
Amour26.gif
Amour26.gif

Amour26.gif
Amour26.gif
Amour26.gif
Amour26.gif
Amour26.gif

Looking good LGF. I'd love a Muddy Fox in the collection...must...resist.

legrandefromage":14dvgmch said:
Rear wheel rebuilt with shiny stainless spokes - its a bit wobbly but will straighten out later

front wheel to do next

Out of interest do you replace one spoke at a time or dismantle completely before rebuilding? Never sure what the best technique is to avoid too much stress on the rim... especially if there's a high risk of frozen spokes etc.

Back