1990 Muddy Fox Courier Comp grello to the max!

legrandefromage

Bin Monkey
BoTM Winner
PoTM Winner
GT Fan
Feedback
View
So, out and about and at a snowy Norfolk customers house I spied some very familiar paint

I asked

I got

What a great way to keep my lockdown mad brain distracted.

31 years or so and the paint, although chipped, still looks like this

The original tires are useable!

I dont have the original MF bars/ grips/ saddle or stem but heck, the frame is so clean and bright it doesnt matter

The 400LX groupset is the cleanest I've seen in years

Hope you like it - it is way too small for me so it will be cleaned, put back together and sold at some point. But not yet, I need to bask in the grellow just that wee bit longer

Attachments

• mf0.jpg
    mf0.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 474
  • mf1.jpg
    mf1.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 474
  • mf2.jpg
    mf2.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 474
  • mf4.jpg
    mf4.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 474
Re: 1990 Muddy Fox Courier Comp

Not a hint of chainsuck!

Look at it!!!

Attachments

• mf5.jpg
    mf5.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 474
  • mf6.jpg
    mf6.jpg
    346.6 KB · Views: 467
Re:

That paintwork always gets me!

John Lewis Peterborough sports department circa 1990, and what seemed at the time to be the whole Muddy Fox range lived in the entrance - and the gears were under the handle bars, a far cry from my Raleigh Marauder.

The sight of the paint and the smell of the tyres! I see you’ve got the original tyres too, that’s brill.

I didn’t get one until many years later when a shabby looking one turned up at Ramsey auctions!

Re: Re:

legrandefromage":1m3jh8pb said:
Gtpulse":1m3jh8pb said:
I didn’t get one until many years later when a shabby looking one turned up at Ramsey auctions!

Went to Ramsey auctions a lot!

We must be in a similar part of the country! A day out to the auctions used to be my dads idea of entertainment for us. In my teens we seemed to be there every week, no idea if they still operate. We had some great bikes out of there at what now are silly prices - ones I remember a GT Corrado, several Muddy Foxes, M Trax, Dynatech, a track Carlton, a Cannondale I can’t remember which but early, a few early bullmoose bar mtbs, MBKs and loads I can’t remember. Kicking myself I just wasn’t interested in anything but the latest stuff which at the time was the M Trax and the GT I kept. Pretty much all of the rest my dad got rid of to where I don’t know as I had moved out by then!

Re:

I'm jealous, it looks new :shock:

mine is faded :cry:
20071704514420476016923187.png

Back